Hacking Any way to load the payloads directly from the Wii U?

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the deal: I'm heading to a different city for a few weeks for a job and there will not be internet. I WAS hosting the files from my computer and that was fine. I planned on hosting the files from my phone, which would also be fine. Here's the kicker. My gamepad screen is broken and Nintendo decided for some fucking reason that the settings menu can ONLY BE MODIFIED ON THE GAMEPAD. I plan on repairing the screen, but I won't have any spare money until after this job.

So, my question is this: Is there a way to put the payload files in the 'wiiu' folder on the SD card and somehow point the browser to that local page? And, if not, is there some way to manually edit the wifi configuration file for the console so that I can just write in the information for my mobile hotspot since I can't use the bloody settings menu?

I'd also like to apologize to people getting sick of seeing my questions.

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are gonna have to pick up a Wifi SD card. Unfortunately we haven't figured out how to host payloads on the SD card yet (Correct me if i'm wrong) without it being a Wifi SD card.
That's still not viable. Like I said, the gamepad screen is broken so I can't access the Wifi settings menu. If I could, I would just host from my phone.

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk man, your out of luck then. There might be a web hosting app for your phone depending on if its a Android phone or iPhone. Otherwise, I don't know.
Again: I can't connect to the phone because I can't access the wifi settings on the Wii U. It's easy to host the files from my phone, but that does no good at all when it's impossible to direct the Wii U to connect to it.

Pay to fix a screen on a wiiu controller? How much? I picked up a brand new wiiu controller online for $80
As the original post says, the entire reason this post exists is because I am going to a different city to work on a job and wanted to bring the Wii U along. Part of the reason to work the job is so I can buy the part for the gamepad. The gamepad is hella easy to fix but I don't currently have the money for the replacement screen.

I'm not asking how to fix the gamepad. I know how to fix the gamepad. That is a non-issue. I think I made my only two questions clear.

1. Can the files be hosted locally on the SD card. The answer to this is no, as Guy50570.
  2. Is there a way to manually extract and modify the Wii U's wifi configuration file? This hasn't been answered. If this is also no then there that is all that I needed to know.
EDIT: Sorry if this comes off as rude. It's not supposed to, I'm just short on time and not looking for anything other than the two answers I requested.

Last edited by JamesLieko,

JamesLieko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your answer to 2: Probably not. It's not a super common issue for people's gamepad screens to break to the point that someone would be obligated to dump configuration files (Not to mention they are stored on NAND and we haven't figured out how to view NAND contents as files.)

And since you said "If I could, I would just host it on my phone" I assumed that you already had your phones hotspot SSID on your Wii U, but you just didn't know how to host the files. Sorry for the confusion.
Alright. Thank you anyway.

And it's okay. I might not have been as clear as I thought I was. No, I've never had a reason to have my phone connected to my Wii U before and the screen broke about a day and a half after I finished modifying the console. I like the gamepad, but these gamepad exclusive things aren't cool. I have a TV. Don't fill my TV with an image telling me to look at the gamepad when I'm in the settings menu. You could even just mirror the same image and I could tap my way around to figure it out. But that's not an option.

It's the same issue with Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. I don't currently have a Pro Controller. That doesn't mean that I want to be forced to use the gamepad for inventory. Give me the option to just pause and use the inventory on the TV. You clearly already can do it since it works with the Pro Controller and Off-TV Play on the gamepad. Let me look at the bloody inventory on my TV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass