Homebrew Any Way to Launch Emunand Without Gateway?

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen a few different threads pop up lately, with a bunch of technical jargon. I'm just looking for a simple Yes or No and a link directing me on how to get it done. With Emunand and CIA installation, there's basically no point in using a physical card, as the only purpose it serves is allowing Emunand to boot.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you are 4.5 you can use MT-Card launcher to boot emunand.
simply overwrite gw launcher with mt launcher or need to format emunand with MT launcher first?
And on mt emunand is possible to install cias like savedatafiler or things like custom theme?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
simply overwrite gw launcher with mt launcher or need to format emunand with MT launcher first?
And on mt emunand is possible to install cias like savedatafiler or things like custom theme?
You probably need to format the emunand again after replacing the launcher.dat.
You need an MT card to install CIAs.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So the launcher.dat have influecnce on installed cias when they launched...
Is it you, Lord M (from the good ol' times)?
Anyways. The Launcher.dat patches some security checks in GW/MT Mode to install CIAs (otherwise it would not be possible due to security). I'm not sure that these checks get patched in the mode for retail games which you would have to use.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to use MT launcher to boot into emuNAND without the Gateway card but it prevents you from continuing without an MT card, just like the Gateway launcher. Am I missing something here?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have tried to use MT launcher to boot into emuNAND without the Gateway card but it prevents you from continuing without an MT card, just like the Gateway launcher. Am I missing something here?
You can boot in Classic Mode if you don't have a card, but you can't install CIAs. If you want CIAs, try Palatine CFW.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it you, Lord M (from the good ol' times)?
Anyways. The Launcher.dat patches some security checks in GW/MT Mode to install CIAs (otherwise it would not be possible due to security). I'm not sure that these checks get patched in the mode for retail games which you would have to use.
Old good time? This is the first time i see you XD
Anyway i know that launcher have checks for install cia, i only want to know if this checks is applied to installed cias, in short: if i want to launch a cia previously installed with gw launcher, not install it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free