Hacking Any way to install games on PC?

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Been using this Wii U USB Helper. It works but it's taking hours just to transfer 1 game using the transfer tool. I remember on the Wii we were able to install the games to the Wii formatted HDD/USB directly on the PC. Is this something we can do on the Wii U? Nothing wrong with my network and I don't have a big enough spare SD card to transfer to SD then install from SD.

Thanks,
Chris

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah the way it works is different since it uses the wiiu's own data format rather than wbfs. think of it like installing wiiware/vc channels, but bigger.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Been using this Wii U USB Helper. It works but it's taking hours just to transfer 1 game using the transfer tool. I remember on the Wii we were able to install the games to the Wii formatted HDD/USB directly on the PC. Is this something we can do on the Wii U? Nothing wrong with my network and I don't have a big enough spare SD card to transfer to SD then install from SD.

Thanks,
Chris
Not possible because even thought the game is installed to the hdd a very small file called a ticket is also installed to the wiiu system nand. Without the ticket on sysnand the game wont boot. Anyway why are you transferring the files just put your sd card into your pc and copy the files over it will massively save you time

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks,
Chris
This is why every guide instructs you to get a decent sized SD card. 1 hour... sheesh. Just buy a bigger SD already

Chris230291

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1 hour? Try 5+

Thanks guys I will just have to get a bigger SD card and do it that way. The one I'm using now is a Lexar one that I think came with my original Wii!

EDIT: I read that bricking is a real thing this time around with the DS ware hack cold boot thingy, so A bigger SD card to do the nand backup thingy is probably a good idea anyways.

Last edited by Chris230291,

Ashell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the Brazilian method to install games. Its not fast, but I don't think I have ever had a game take more than 30 minutes. I have installed some near 30 gig games too. You can do it 100% soft mod. I find the phone app sux server easiest, and you just have the same files waiting on the SD card. Place the game files in a fold "install" and off you go.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the Brazilian method to install games. Its not fast, but I don't think I have ever had a game take more than 30 minutes. I have installed some near 30 gig games too. You can do it 100% soft mod. I find the phone app sux server easiest, and you just have the same files waiting on the SD card. Place the game files in a fold "install" and off you go.
OP is using "Brazilian Method". Just didn't have a big enough SD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a