Homebrew Any way to install .APK on Luma?

3DSMaster2019

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The name is pretty self-explanatory. Can I? There are a bunch of mobile exclusive games I would love to play on my 3DS. Thanks in advance!

D

Deleted User

The name is pretty self-explanatory. Can I? There are a bunch of mobile exclusive games I would love to play on my 3DS. Thanks in advance!
No, but there may be similar games for offer as either homebrew built for the 3ds or as homebrew that can run on a 3ds through emulation.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, but there may be similar games for offer as either homebrew built for the 3ds or as homebrew that can run on a 3ds through emulation.

3DS not have enough processing power to handle emulating Android. If you have New 3DS'es then is better, since its internals was upgraded little bit. You could emulate for example 8-16 bit consoles and some handhelds.

D

Deleted User

3DS not have enough processing power to handle emulating Android. If you have New 3DS'es then is better, since its internals was upgraded little bit. You could emulate for example 8-16 bit consoles and some handhelds.
I didn't mean emulating android, i meant as in NES, GBA, SNES, that sort of thing.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oof. Just finished reading, and found out it wasn't on the list.
rip, nah it's just a list with most if not all homebrew games
fbi's titledatabase used to have some too iirc but idk the state of that as of now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I saw a crossy roads game at six flags the other day :D I was trying to break the games but most of them are too tight for that. Choose the color seems like the bets one :D

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think even the new 3DS meets the requirements for modern versions of Android, it probably can't even run Gingerbread. There's no way you're running mobile games on it.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
If Android were to be ported to 3ds, it likely would only support n3ds, and I wouldn't expect it to a be a recent version, maybe jellybean or something... shit if you can run Android on a ti-nspire cx calculator, you should be able to run it on a 3ds in some form, but yeah the 3ds isn't running Android, you need a Linux kernel for the 3ds which hasn't really been fully developed iirc , once you can get a full Linux kernel running, then running Android should not be too difficult, you'll probably need custom drivers for the 3ds graphics and sound ....

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

SCOTT0852

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can run Android on a ti-nspire cx calculator, you should be able to run it on a 3ds in some form
The new 3DS can barely even run windows 95's desktop (and that's after multiple minutes of loading), there's no way it can run a much more complex OS like android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended