Hacking Any way to install and uninstall more VC Games without TP?

Tariq909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since my copy of TP will be a rental, once I send it back, will I have to re rent it if I want to install or uninstall more VC games? Or is there a way around that?

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Tariq909 said:
Since my copy of TP will be a rental, once I send it back, will I have to re rent it if I want to install or uninstall more VC games? Or is there a way around that?

The wii homebrew launcher wad channel
it browses a homebrew folder from the root of the sd card witch can be filled with both installer and unistaller folders with boot.elf inside of each ones.

http://www5.atpages.jp/wiihack/ this is not a link for any roms! only tools

Damademan3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.davidcblake.com
XP
Country
United States
if you correctly install everything like the WAD install and Uninstaller CHANNELS you will never need TP again. You would just have the wads in the Wad Folder in the SD card then go to the install or uninstall to do what you like. But simple answer is No.

Tariq909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way somebody could make a banner for it? Instead of it being that black screen, because the black screen won't look right with everything else.

Tariq909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But my wii's not modded. So you guys are saying, that the Wad Installer channel will install everything, and I won't have to use TP again? I just want a banner to come out for it. Any idea when that will be made?

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tariq909 said:
No, I mean the channell. How do I install the wad installer channel?
1. Put wad installer elf file on root of your memory card (rename it to boot.elf)
2. Create a directory on the root of the card called "wad"
3. In the directory "wad" put the wad installation channel and uninstallation channel wads in there.
4. Boot twilight hack and reset when prompted.
5. Enjoy your new channels
biggrin.gif

If you require any files send a pm my way
lecture.gif

Cyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I wonder ( I don't know if anyone has ever posted about this yet) if I can delete the TP hack savegame from my Wii console once I have run it and installed the WAD Installer channel, Homebrew Launcher etc. or if have to keep it forever. I just aks because I don't know if e.g. the WAD Installer uses the same buffer overflow or it's just accessing the TP hack to get to install WADs.
I didn't want to open a new thread for this, because I think it wasn't necessary, anyway I hope this is the right thread to ask for that - I felt it was!
wink.gif

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyman said:
Actually I wonder ( I don't know if anyone has ever posted about this yet) if I can delete the TP hack savegame from my Wii console once I have run it and installed the WAD Installer channel, Homebrew Launcher etc. or if have to keep it forever. I just aks because I don't know if e.g. the WAD Installer uses the same buffer overflow or it's just accessing the TP hack to get to install WADs.
I didn't want to open a new thread for this, because I think it wasn't necessary, anyway I hope this is the right thread to ask for that - I felt it was!
wink.gif
No, the Save file is just used by the Zelda disc. Once the channel is installed it can be deleted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1