Any way to inject Wii U save data directly to the system without a game?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by RemixDeluxe, Feb 11, 2017.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Saviine needs a game to be launched and there's no way to copy save data directly from your USB to the system without copying the game too (don't have enough space on the Wii U)

2. QuarkTheAwesome

QuarkTheAwesome Working for Hugs

Apr 19, 2015
    Australia
    Stuck in the PowerPC
    I once managed to install a game to USB when the save data was on the NAND. The game simply didn't read the save data, instead creating new data on the USB. I had to move the save to USB (which deleted the game) and reinstall the game so it was all in one place.

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Yeah I'm aware that you need to have the save data on the memory that you plan to play your games from. I just wish the data management was a bit easier than this all or nothing we have now.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well, backing up save data on wii u is always well... NON EXISTENT But i hope homebrew gets better. Maybe 3DS has encrypted file system but least you can back up save data without homebrew. WII U is just awful. I assume they really didn't like save data injection exploits like on wii. I'm more surprised that stage builder in smash bros wii u didn't have a exploit like brawl did.

I really dunno how to use the homebrew, but i think is possible to back up save data to HDD. If you play a game and is stored on one device, you can maybe copy or move it to the other, either with save data, install data, updates, or dlc. I think that is about it, sorry if this isn't much help but i just upset about not being able to properly back up data. Least playstation has Cloud saves even though you can use USB on PS3 and ps4 but cloud saves are cool, even on vita it has cloud saves but just like wii u, you have that complex problem of not backing up save data simply. You have to copy the whole game to do so, and to a pc or ps3 only.

I HOPE the switch handles backup data better. :wtf:

5. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    You can use ftpiiu everywhere to open the games' saves directory and delete/download/upload savefiles. you just need to know whether your game is on NAND or USB

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    What is ftpiiu everwhere? Is it the same as like File transfer Protocol? Cause i have one, but only works with my sd card.:unsure:

7. CosmoCortney

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    It's an app for the hbl that opens a file transfer protocol (ftp) to allows you to send file to and receive files from the Wii U. You can manage this with any decent FTP client. I recommend WinSCP.
    title03.jpg
    On the left side can be any directory of you PC and on the right side you can see the root of the Wii U filesystem.

But be careful with what you are doing. You can quickly brick your Wii U if you don't know what you're doing.

I have almost bricked my RedNAND with it by putting a too long gametitle into a game's meta.xml. At least the game was in a folder so it did not freeze on the main menu. But it did as soon as I opened the folder

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Red letters that is a good sign :P

So the one i got only works with the sd card, the one you have works with the system itself? Does it also work with the hdd?

I mean it sounds good but the red letters is usually a bad sign of something. So i dunno if i should use it. :ninja:

To be honest, what kind of stuff would someone like you want to copy to the system? I mean is not like any homebrew games exist in a home channel format, they all require HBL.:unsure:

9. CosmoCortney

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    yep, you can access everything, internal memory, hdd and sd :)

10. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'll read over this extensively before proceeding but if my goal is just to insert save data and I happen to do it incorrectly wont it just see it as corrupt data and ask to delete it? I'm not seeing the potential to brick unless I do something stupid and delete things at random.

11. CosmoCortney

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    corrupted savedata should be harmless to the system. happened to me with TPHD and the saves of slot 2 and 3 became deleted by the game

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  12. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I tried using it. Got it from the app store on HBL and it was 0.1 I tried to use it on my android using es file explorer. It loaded some extra folders, but they were all empty excep the one labeled SD. Am i doing something wrong? :unsure:

13. CosmoCortney

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    do you have the version that says "everywhere" in the title?

14. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yes. That what i had got. I can tell the difference cause it shows it on the HBL right below the one i had already. :P

15. HackingNewbie

HackingNewbie GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2016
    United Kingdom
    0xD0000000 - 0xD3FFFFFF
    Try using it with a proper computer

16. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    i don't wanna :ninja:

ES FILE EXPLORER FTW. :toot:

It works with everything i use, 3DS, psvita, even the regular ftpiiu. Actually it does work with the ftpiiu everywhere, just all folders are empty except SD. So maybe the homebrew needs a update of some kind.:unsure:

17. balteck

balteck Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2015
    Italy
    Ftpiiu everywhere requires mochacfw or haxchi patched sysmenu, but for latter you need the mod version made by fix94

Inviato dal mio HTC One M9 utilizzando Tapatalk

18. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    On the app store, there is a mod homebrew, it says is for coldboothaxchi users. I'm not one of them, the one i found was just 0.1, it did manage to work, except all the folders were empty except the sd folder.

19. rw-r-r_0644

rw-r-r_0644 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    Italy
    You need to be on a CFW like Mocha (which you can download from the appstore)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

They do.... (though you need to install them using wup installer, and not ftpiiu everywhere)

20. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah if you mean a few channel forwarders to load a homebrew of sd card.
    I am already using Mocha. How is it different than haxchi though? :mellow: