dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I have been using JUST the cMIOS of theta to play backups with CIOSCORP installed. I updated to Xi so I could play RE and Bomberman, and now my old saves don't work for the games that I have been using with the Theta cMIOS. I ordered a 128MB memory card from deal extreme so I can use GCMM to backup the saves and convert them to Xi format, since I only have official memory cards, but judging by the fact that it took 3 weeks for them to deliver my M3 Simply way back when I need to find a faster solution. So, is there anyway to have both Theta and Xi on the same system? I remember waaaaaaaaaay back with .1 and .3 beta backup launchers people had done something like installed the cIOS as a different IOS so that both could be used. Is anything like this possible with the gamecube backup launcher? Also, I realize this is a long shot but, would it be somehow possible to just use the Theta launcher with the Xi cMIOS? I do not even know if there is any difference with the launcher between Theta and Xi, and have not ever even installed the actual launcher lol, but any help on this would be appreciated.

Tri-Edge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
actually yeah and thats cuz the 2 gc loader uses the same cmios so if you get them in channel like me you can get them both
I play all my games on theta and I just use xi for resident evil 1 even though I m not sure you can really swap disc

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tri-Edge said:
actually yeah and thats cuz the 2 gc loader uses the same cmios so if you get them in channel like me you can get them both
I play all my games on theta and I just use xi for resident evil 1 even though I m not sure you can really swap disc
So you're saying that if I use theta channel with xi cmios installed it will still read my saves correctly? have you tested this? I really want to beat luigis mansion lol.

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes you can. You have to boot with B to use patched mIOS. You can swap as you want when the console asks. In Resident Evil Remake and Zero.
You can edit your bad saves with an hex editor to change them as they become regular Gamecube saves (you have to use a little prog like NuGaSa or GCmemorybackup to copy your memory card saves on your SD card).

magic12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
dmonkey21 said:
Tri-Edge said:

So you're saying that if I use theta channel with xi cmios installed it will still read my saves correctly? have you tested this? I really want to beat luigis mansion lol.

YES, and yes i tested this

Tri-Edge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yeah Thats what Im sayin Im playin resident evil 3 and other games with theta since I already started with it
and restart a new game of resident evil 1 on xi cuz they say you can swap but Im not sure about that

I think xi is more fucked up than theta I mean with theta I could play games that I had saves from games from years ago

and xi dont even read them all but since I heard wiigator is goin to update next releases with the xi saves
than guess we have no choice

PS if I was you I get them in channel dmonkey

robman62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you seriously could have just bought the same memory card for the same price on ebay....they have little DX outlets all over the place...I order from one in nyc and get my stuff in 2 days free shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM