Any way to Hack MH Gen Without Homebrew??!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by PainIsLiving, Sep 13, 2017.

1. PainIsLiving
    OP

PainIsLiving Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    United States
    Seriously i lost my damn save and ive been looking for a save editor or custom quest maker freaking ANYTHING i can use to get it back! I cant use homebrew because its been patched as of my version, ive tried DOZENS of youtube videos on getting homebrew and none work! Is there anything i can use that dosnt require homebrew? Pissed as all hell not redoing all that crap!

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Suspended

Suspended
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    The only way to really modify your saves requires installing a CFW to regain access for homebrew

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    NTRboot method one system

https://3ds.guide/

4. PainIsLiving
    OP

PainIsLiving Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    United States
    Yea i have powersave too which dosnt work for gen yet because apparently it saves to the SD Card and not the game itself.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Suspended

Suspended
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten they did that.
    Then you need to install a CFW, which I suggest checking out NTRBoot method. This will require you to buy a flashcart, but there are a lot perks to this
    1: Outside the flashcart, you won't require extra hardware nor required to solder anything to your board
    2: You gain a method of exploiting your system that Nintendo can't block through OFW update. NTRBoot is a bootrom exploit, so it will require new hardware to fix
    3: You gain a flashcart for DS games.
    Installing a CFW basically future-proofs your homebrew access and other perks.
    I suggest the R4i Gold (URL on cart: r4ids.cn) as the cart can be flashed to an NTRBoot cart on stock OFW

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 14, 2017