Hacking Any way to get XORPads on 9.2 Gateway?

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its against gbatemp rules to share the xorpads, not to mention they are the same file size as the roms so I don't think people would really want to sit there uploading gigabytes with of data when there is perfectly feasible alternatives for people to make their own or just download pre converted games

Nope game xorpads are all the same whatever console the where made on, but they are treated pretty much as a serial number would be I.each not to be distributed

You may of read about nand xorpads used to decrypt your nand image, they are console specific

I'm not interested in decrypting my NAND image (not to mention that I don't know what that would accomplish), only in packing my own .cia files. I understand we can't share them here, however that's the case with ROMs and other such files as well, and we aren't forbidden from discussing them here. I'm pretty sure sharing wouldn't be an issue, however, as they are only about 1MB-2MB in size, and not upwards of 1GB as you claim. In any case, I'm not asking for them, I'm just asking whether or not a .cia packed with a different system's xorpads will work correctly. My only option at this point is to dig out my old, beat up 3DS, and try to downgrade that, and then dump those xorpads to use for .cias on my main system. However, I'm being told those won't work, despite the fact that online .cia games and other such files will work universally (unless, of course, there was a misunderstanding and they will indeed work).

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
You can get someone to help you, but without a 4.x (at least for now) you have no other means to creating them yourself. You can try on a spare console, or wait for the save compatibility/retention situation to be clarified. I am going to wait with my 9.4, and work with my spare system (6.3, now 4.2)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They can very easily be 1GB+, it depends on the game, basically whatever size the game is trimmed is how big the xorpad would be, so if a game is 3.7gb trimmed the xorpad is about the same size......let's face it anyone happy to upload them would more than likely just rather upload the actual cia file

Reactions: Arkansaw

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can very easily be 1GB+, it depends on the game, basically whatever size the game is trimmed is how big the xorpad would be, so if a game is 3.7gb trimmed the xorpad is about the same size......let's face it anyone happy to upload them would more than likely just rather upload the actual cia file

Are you saying that games packed with xorpads that have been dumped from my spare system won't work/won't save on my main system?

D

Deleted User

Can you extract the RomFS (etc) from some of the CIAs available online, without a 3DS?
Yup

Not ALL .cia files will work, there are some specific websites you can get them from but nobody here (including myself) will tell you them.

I can confirm that you can extract RomFS files from CIA files though, I've been doing it for the past few months, then extracting the files from within the ROMFS itself.

If you let me know what specific game it is I might be able to help you tools wise if I've already unwrapped it all myself, keyword being might, if I've not done it on that game I can't say what sort of files it uses.

You can use someone elses .cia files. There is no real reason to need or want someone elses XORPAD though, just their .cia file, from that you can install it onto your 3DS with no problems (using a file manager called Big Blue Manager) on your 3ds card (with the CIA on your normal SD card).

It all sounds a lot more confusing than it is honestly.

ubergeek77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup

Not ALL .cia files will work, there are some specific websites you can get them from but nobody here (including myself) will tell you them.

I can confirm that you can extract RomFS files from CIA files though, I've been doing it for the past few months, then extracting the files from within the ROMFS itself.

If you let me know what specific game it is I might be able to help you tools wise if I've already unwrapped it all myself, keyword being might, if I've not done it on that game I can't say what sort of files it uses.

You can use someone elses .cia files. There is no real reason to need or want someone elses XORPAD though, just their .cia file, from that you can install it onto your 3DS with no problems (using a file manager called Big Blue Manager) on your 3ds card (with the CIA on your normal SD card).

It all sounds a lot more confusing than it is honestly.

At the moment, all I'm trying to accomplish here is the ability to play around with this. I know for any other game I can use someone else's .cia files, but there's a few games I'd like to inject myself that I haven't been able to find as they aren't particularly popular. Still, it would be nice to be able to pack my own .cias for my retail carts, as I have a data cap here, and downloading a bunch of stuff adds up very quickly.

D

Deleted User

At the moment, all I'm trying to accomplish here is the ability to play around with this. I know for any other game I can use someone else's .cia files, but there's a few games I'd like to inject myself that I haven't been able to find as they aren't particularly popular. Still, it would be nice to be able to pack my own .cias for my retail carts, as I have a data cap here, and downloading a bunch of stuff adds up very quickly.

Ah now I understand what you're trying to do. In that case you'll probably need to get ahold of someone elses Xorpad plus the game its the Xorpad for to test with.
I have seen a topic full of Xorpads on another forum so I can confirm that people do upload them, but its also the only time I've seen it.

AmigaFred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The following steps will fix it:
1) Downgrade the 9.2 machine to 4.5.
2) Make an emuNAND.

If all the data is in your downgraded machine, then:
3-a) Re-download everything with your new-emuNAND.
4-a) Ready to get XORPads!

If you need to System Transfer the data to your downgraded machine, then:
3-b) Do the System Transfer from Source to Target-emuNAND.
4-b) Use a new SD card to make another emuNAND.
5) Re-download everything with your new-emuNAND.
6) Ready to get XORPads!

But WARNING:
1) Downgrading 9.2 to 4.5 makes ALL YOUR SAVE/FC/MiiPlaza DATA LOST!
2) Logging in the e-shop with new-created-emuNAND may make ALL YOUR SAVE/FC/MiiPlaza DATA LOST after System Transferring your old-emuNAND back to any console!
See this: http://gbatemp.net/threads/question-system-transfer-from-emunand-to-sysnand.378231/

Another method (for the case that all data in your downgrading machine):
1) Make the emuNAND with your current SD card.
2) Downgrade the 9.2 machine to 4.5.
3) Use a new SD card to make another emuNAND.
4) Re-download everything with your new-emuNAND.
5) Ready to get XORPads!
But it also faces up the Save/FC/MiiPlaza Data Lost problem after System Transferring from old-emuNAND to any console.

False for somethings...

I have a 3ds xl in sysnand 9.2. I backuped all the data inthe big sd into my pc.
I backed up the nand in the pc.
I make from sysnand 9.2 and emunand 9.2 then emunand 9.4
backuping again my nand 9.2 for downgrade 4.5
i restore my backuped data in my sd (sure to delete "Nintendo 3DS" folder, before recreate it).
You have a console with sysnand 4.5, emunand 9.4, all your purchase works, no loss of save etc (i see at this time) all the mii plaza saves are ok.

No need to redownload anything XD

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if you look on sites for .3ds rebuilt rom injects, you can extract them fine with ctrtool....there is even a guide in that thread for extracting the bigbluebox pokemon roms without xorpads
see
Decryption Methods--------->Using the bbb pokemon zero key encrypted roms as a base

using that method, you dont need any xorpads :P

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you look on sites for .3ds rebuilt rom injects, you can extract them fine with ctrtool....there is even a guide in that thread for extracting the bigbluebox pokemon roms without xorpads
see
Decryption Methods--------->Using the bbb pokemon zero key encrypted roms as a base

using that method, you dont need any xorpads :P

I just got my gateway so I'm somewhat confused. I'm trying to make xorpads to make games into cias but because I'm on 9.2 sysnand I can't run the launcher.dat to make the xorpads. What exactly are you talking about that lets you bypass the xorpad requirement?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see some misinformation in this thread.
First, XORpads aren't for encryption. They are for DEcryption. What you see on your SD card, and the contents of your NAND, has been encrypted with your console's specific key. This is a separate thing from the signatures and tickets, mind you. That key is used behind the scenes in the AES engine of your 3DS to be able to read the contents. This is where the XORpads get generated. So yes, once someone has the XORpads, it will work on anybody's rom (same game, same version, same region, etc...). The .cia file you end up generating is just a type of archive of those contents. When you install a .cia, it again gets read through the AES engine and written to your SD card encrypted with your console's specific key. This is so that only your console can read/load the file, nothing more. The signatures won't be proper because we don't have signing keys. Otherwise, we'd be able to install them via sysnand and play them with no exploit whatsoever. Anyway, that's why you need the 'CFW' or gateway mode to actually run them.

Second. Unless you do things in a messed up order, you don't lose anything when you format if you do it with the SD card removed. Inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, there will be another folder with some sort of ID hash as the folder name, and another one inside of that. some .db file on the NAND tells the system the name of those folders to look for installed files. When you format your system, the name changes. If you think you've lost all of your progress, you'll see that there are now 2 different file trees inside of the "Nintendo 3DS" folder. Grab everything (folders and all) that is inside of the second ID hash folder (you should be looking at 3 directories deep in a file manager) and copy it all into the new location. Al your progress will be restored.

Third. Damage the edges taking a 3DS apart? You don't have to pry on any edges. It comes apart easily. I'd only worry about soldering on the motherboard if you don't have a clue what you're doing.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uggg. I don't see an edit button. Some of you might wonder what the console specific key has to do with a rom. The answer is... nothing. But the contents are encrypted in a similar fasion, but with a key that every system knows about. This is why the XORpad for a cartridge will work on a .3ds dump from any system.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The following steps will fix it:
1) Downgrade the 9.2 machine to 4.5.
2) Make an emuNAND.

The guide ended at step 2. He want's to make them on 9.2, not 4.5.

I'm not getting why I can't just use someone else's xorpads.

Anyone that's made a xorpad file for a game probably already made a CIA for it.

Sadly I looked into this as I was trying to make my own CIA's after the 3.0 beta dropped and got to the xorpad part even after getting the 7.x encryption key, and figured out that I needed a 4.5 system to be able to extract them. Bummer. But yeah, after all the work it takes to make a CIA, no one is going to just upload xorpads for individual games since it's the last piece to making the CIA. If they got this far, they likely just uploaded the CIA to a site for download.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I think someone said that the recent ARM/Kernel exploit would support a xorpad generator if someone were to write one. We just don't have one available for 9.x yet.

Yeah but as of now, there isn't. And anyone running this stuff is probably already on 4.5 with no need for 9.2. And I can't code soooo bleh.:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.