Any way to get the new translated FF-Type0 to compress to a CSO??

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Delirious17, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Delirious17
    OP

Delirious17 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2009
    United States
    2.6GB is a lot, hope there might be a way to compress that down a bit!

2. Hargrun

Hargrun Support the arts! (The games, silly.)

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    You can try remove the videos but...

3. Delirious17
    OP

Jun 23, 2009
    United States
    I'd rather not have to try to go through that kind of process it's just I make all my PSP games into CSOs for my emulator. Can I not do the same for this??

4. kiraschiro

kiraschiro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2010
    Gambia, The

You could try to compress it with UMDGen, but dunno if it's still working after that.

5. Hargrun

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Oh, well. I thought it was a memory stick problem.

I honestly don't see the problem in your case, so I have no solution. Sorry. ._."

6. kiraschiro

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2010
    Gambia, The

The Memory Stick isn't the problem FAT32 can take up to 4 GB of a single data file.
    Problem is more if the Inferno plugin can manage the CSO file on the stick then.

7. Hargrun

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I was referring to lack of space. I had to delete a lot of games, but still I refuse to use CSO. xD

Drains more battery and the loading times... Urrrrr...

8. kiraschiro

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2010
    Gambia, The

Oh yeah, that's right CSO was pretty battery intensive, and yeah the load times were horrid, I also prefered ISOs over CSOs.

I always used 8 GB MM's, I know what you mean the whole space thing was annoying xD.

Hargrun likes this.
  9. Delirious17
    OP

Jun 23, 2009
    United States
    It's just I'm trying to convert it to a cso and it ends up as a 28 byte file :-\

I also try replacing the standard yellow.pkg which is 1676611584 bytes with one that is both games merged on one pkg file at 2533007360 bytes but somehow it ends up when trying to convert it to CSO any way I try the yellow.pkg comes to -1761959936 bytes (yes with the - negative sign)

10. NicoBlogs

NicoBlogs GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2013
    United States
    USA
    There's no way to convert it to CSO at least with conventional methods... unless some hacker invents something

11. kiraschiro

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2010
    Gambia, The

Try to ask Sky about that, maybe he has an solution, I know the negative error, I had that too once.
    Maybe Merkabah has an solution also. I guess it has something todo with the checksum or how the game is signed or merged with the 2 discs.

12. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If you just set it to Level 1 compression, it just compressed garbage data and other unneeded data, so it doesn't hurt the performance at all.

Have you tried using UMDGen to scan for garbage data and resize it? I've never messed with that game, so I don't know if there's anything preventing that or if the garbage data is done differently.

Hargrun likes this.
  13. Hargrun

May 22, 2014
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I always check the existence of dummy files, updates folder and misc. Games like SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny can jump to less than half the size and remain as ISO.

I checked this game, too (despite the risk). Apparently SkyBladeCloud already removed such files. (But I could be wrong. e_e)

Oh, well. I just will miss Phantasy Star Portable 2... Or not, since this game is PRETTY... @#%@... AWESOME! D: <

14. MrShyCity

MrShyCity Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY

Sep 13, 2012
    Flip
    Compress ISO (CSO) on PRO CFW the loading time will a lot longer
    Compress ISO (CSO) on ME CFW the loading is about the same as ISO but the video still stop every 1 seconds then play at least for me in pro video work just fine.
    To compressor I used download
    https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/cisomulticompressor

Edit: Starting a New Game did not work on ME CFW :angry:

15. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    But starting a new game works under pro? It could be a problem with the ME ISO driver, or it might be some sort of anti-homebrew crap. You need the CFW Folder Blocker under ME if it is anti-homebrew crap. If you think it's a problem with the driver, you could try Normal mode and just put an UMD game in your UMD slot. It doesn't matter what game. Normal mode has perfect compatibility (last I checked), it's just it needs a UMD in the drive.

I've seen some rather odd anti-homebrew scripts in UMD games, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's that.