Any way to get rid of stuck pixals?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MidnightR, Jan 25, 2007.

Jan 25, 2007
  1. MidnightR
    OP

Newcomer MidnightR Member

United States
    When I first bought my DSlite about a month ago, it was just fine. No stuck or dead pixels, it was perfect. But just last night, one showed up on the top screen of my DSlite! I'm pretty sure I remember hearing about some piece of homebrew that will clear up any stuck pixels but I'm not sure what to even look for! Can anyone help me out here?

On another note, what causes stuck pixels? Any way I could avoid more in the future? Thanks for any help.

2. Danieluz

Member Danieluz GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I have one too =( And I guess you should forget to try to fix it I tried both homebrews that should get you rid of it, and none worked. [​IMG]

3. mcbey

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah those darn pixALs.
    (this guy speaks gangsta.)

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I''ve also tried both homebrew programs and had them running for a while. They didn't fix my lazy pixel. You can only see a red pixel on a black screen. I don't see it often but when I do it annoys me.

5. MidnightR
    OP

Newcomer MidnightR Member

United States
    Could someone please point me towards these apps? And if they are able to run on a Slot 1 card? I'd like to at least try it.

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I've tried. Trust me. I ran that program for over 72 hours. the success rate is most likely under 5%

EDIT: I made a topic a week ago about stuck pixels, where some guy gave a link to a homebrew app called LCD tester. Should work on all slot1, maybe except those clones/X9

7. sephiaya

Newcomer sephiaya Member

Send the DS back to nintendo. Nintneod will fix the DS if it has any dead pixels.

Just don't send it to them with the flash card in it. LOL

you do have you recipt right?

8. kalibar

Member kalibar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seconding. I've done this with a couple of DS Lites. There just aren't enough pixels total on the DS for any of them to be fucked, and if you're at all unhappy with an entertainment product you paid $130 + tax for, you should exercise your warranty to make yourself happy.