Hacking Any way to get DSTwo to display game names, not filenames?

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few weeks ago I got fed up with Team Cyclops's lack of support so I got a DSTwo and I love it so far. The only issue I have is the games are all displayed as their filenames, instead of the actual name of the game like my CycloDS Evolution did. Is there any way to get it to pull the game name from the file and display that instead? It's kind of annoying not having them in title order and I don't really want to rename all the files (some of them have the rom id number first, some aren't even recognizable, etc).

I'm using v1.10 of the firmware, just updated today.
yaynds.gif

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched and couldn't find it.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tc has actually been doing better now btw,

and i dont think you can do what you want to do,

But on the top screen, doesnt it say the game name and everything?

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it says it on the top screen, but I wish the games were sorted by that, not the filename. I can always recognize them, it's just an organizational preference.

Unrelated question: when I update the firmware, all I need to do is copy the new _dstwo folder over the old one, right? That's what I've been doing and it seems to work.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nemt said:
Yeah it says it on the top screen, but I wish the games were sorted by that, not the filename. I can always recognize them, it's just an organizational preference.

Unrelated question: when I update the firmware, all I need to do is copy the new _dstwo folder over the old one, right? That's what I've been doing and it seems to work.

that's how you ugrade the kernel (EOS), not the firmware.
to upgrade the firmware you copy ds2update.dat to the root of your micro SD card and start your DS2. it will prompt you for confirmation, and then upgrade the firmware.

D

Deleted-236924

IMO, I think it's better to have both the filename and the game header shown.
That's what is happening with the DSTwo.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It technically slows the system down, the more files and folders you got, the longer it takes to recursively ID and display the name of the game. Because it requires an ID table that eats up memory resources that could have gone to the system loader. This was previously done before and considered to be in the end to be a failing of ANY flashcart, especially for any flashcart with minimal hardware.

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shabutie78 said:
that's how you ugrade the kernel (EOS), not the firmware.
to upgrade the firmware you copy ds2update.dat to the root of your micro SD card and start your DS2. it will prompt you for confirmation, and then upgrade the firmware.
Ah thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know there was a difference, I just went to the Supercard site and updated the firmware (fireware?) to v1.08 as well. I was relieved to see it went through without a hitch, my CycloDS always used to crash and then require a recovery to update.

Could you explain the difference between the firmware and the eos? I checked through the faq and don't see it covered.

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info! Does the Supercard team tend to releases updates for both in unison, or do they have their own development cycles? This is the first time I've updated either, when I got my card it came with beta 1.05 firmware, not sure which EOS it came with. Also, while everything works fine, ever since I updated the EOS the GUI seems to take a second or two longer to load after I select DS_GAME - the slot 1 image loads first, then the rest of the skin (just using the default silver).

EDIT: and there's nothing else I need to be updating regularly for it, right? Not counting stuff like plugins and skins.

nemt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the firmware update change stuff in the EOS? Like that System11 file or whatever?

I'm also looking for a better skin, the default one kind of hurts my eyes. Any recommendations? Most of the previews are 404s for me for some reason.

EDIT: and what's the deal with that ds2boot file separate from the _dstwo folder in the EOS update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn