Hacking Any way to get component cables to work with all GC backups?

SGT Killjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my wii hooked up with component cables and I'm using Neogamma r9 b56 with waninkoko38v17(249). I'm booting my GC games from a disc. Some games seem to work fine with component, or i can at least change a setting and make it work, such as Mario Tennis. When i try Mario Kart though it will not work on component on any setting. It shows me the text that the game is loading but after that its just a green screen. I used composite cables to test it and it works fine with though, i just dont wanna keep switching them. Is there a way to get component to work on all GC games?

Maybe a newer cIOS would work? im on v17 right now because when i tried to upgrade last time it stopped detecting my external hdd with my wii games on it. So if there is a cIOS that will play GC games over component AND let me use my external hdd that would be awesome. otherwise im just going to swtich the cables i suppose.

thanks for any help!

SGT Killjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was just hoping maybe there was a setting in neogamma i could use that would allow me to do that, but its not looking like it. thank you for the reply, Joostin.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can still use your cables, but games that don't support Progressive mode will be interlaced.
FYI : Mariokart DD NTSC supports Progressive scan. Pal version does not.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try turning off any video options. if pal the game should default to 50hz, and use interlace mode. It'd be a useful test of your TV's pal compatibility (or not) anyway.

Is it even actually possible for a game to not support component? I don't know how the hardware is designed.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe try turning off any video options. if pal the game should default to 50hz, and use interlace mode. It'd be a useful test of your TV's pal compatibility (or not) anyway.

Is it even actually possible for a game to not support component? I don't know how the hardware is designed.
The OP is mixing up component cables with progressive mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs