Any way to get a DS save off of its cart to back it up?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by sillypatterson, Mar 27, 2008.

1. sillypatterson
    OP

sillypatterson GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2007
    United States
    Hoping desperately here D: Some sort of homebrew that can copy the save data from a commercial DS cart somehow... any clues?

2. kallekall

kallekall GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2008
    United States
  3. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States
    REIN can do that, along with a couple other programs I can't think of at the moment.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    @offtopic84 rein/rain/reinmoon only work on DLDI capable GBA slot carts.

You have 3 options as I see it.
    SRAM based save dumper. Not suggested for larger roms and probably a bit clunky.
    http://nds.cmamod.com/category/nds/etool/ is a start.

SavSender, wifi based. You will probably like a frontend so I am afraid I will have to send you to search for this one.

rudolph's dumping tools. Not sure if this one will work (it should do) but as the 3 in 1 has a NOR section you can dump roms to I am assuming you can also do saves as the wifi and DLDI versions also could.
    Link:
    http://www009.upp.so-net.ne.jp/rudolph/nds/NDS_Backup/

5. PuyoDead

PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

May 5, 2003
    United States
    Cincinnati, OH
    I've used Rudolph's tool with my 3in1 multiple times, for both dumping saves, and replacing saves. All have worked perfectly.

6. sillypatterson
    OP

sillypatterson GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2007
    United States
    Thanks, guys. I ended up using Savsend.

[​IMG] I'm the ultimate case of cheapass sadness. I steal wifi from my neighbors who have an unprotected access point. I ended up breaking their router password (default passwords are -awesome-) to set up the port forwarding, all so I could get the save from my Crystal Chronicles cart...

...so that I could sell it without losing my progress, to put dinner on the table tonight. -You- guys try running a small household with convenience store wages [​IMG]