Any way to fix a broken micro sd cart port on the switch?

TimTimSprinkles12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that my switches sd card wouldn't read well a few days ago. Atmosphere would constantly tell me that my sd card would be removed when it was clearly in, so I got a new sd card reader. When I got it I opened up my switch and when I took out the old one, I noticed some of the pins were bent or removed. I didn't use too much force when I pulled the old one out so I don't know how it happened. If there is any fix other than sending it into Nintendo please tell me. BTW this was the best pic I could get of the sd card connecter.

Attachments

• 20211112_185433.jpg
    20211112_185433.jpg
    1,004.2 KB · Views: 85

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Happened to me twice now. These things are so fragile, they stink.

You can get that broken 16-pin connector removed and solder in a new one to repair it.

Look for 'micro soldering' repair services in your area. Some electronic repair shops would be able to do it for you no problem.

The little connector you can buy on eBay for just a few pounds/dollars. I just had to do this myself last week.
Screenshot_20211113-093357.jpg

TimTimSprinkles12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happened to me twice now. These things are so fragile, they stink.

You can get that broken 16-pin connector removed and solder in a new one to repair it.

Look for 'micro soldering' repair services in your area. Some electronic repair shops would be able to do it for you no problem.

The little connector you can buy on eBay for just a few pounds/dollars. I just had to do this myself last week.View attachment 284524

Thank you for the advice! I will try this when the connector comes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)