Any way to extract texture icons or images from SSB3DS eshop update?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by RandomUser, Jul 14, 2015.

1. RandomUser
    OP

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    I am curious if there is any way to extract images or icons from the eshop 1.08 update? Someone has done the extraction on Mewtwo in 1.0.6 update, but I need icons for the rest of the DLC characters, mainly the character selection icons, not the stock icons. I believe I have successfully extracted the cia 1.08 update as I have two folders: ".crr" and "sound" then some files as follows: "cro.sarc","dt","ls","static.crs". All of them files are in the "romfs" directory, so I think I extracted them correctly. I tried using the tools listed on this thread however the readme does not state on how to properly use the tools, I tried simply dragging the file onto the tools only to have it choked out with ValueError. I think I am not using the tool properly. I also tried Every File Explorer, only to be presented on not being able to open any files even the SARC compressed file. Any tutorial will be appreciated.
    I just might have to create a pseudo character selection icon for the DLC characters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice