Homebrew Any way to expand vWii storage?

3DSNerd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any way to expand storage on vWii?

I’m trying to install some wads but I don’t have enough space.

I have Coldboot Haxchi installed.

Silverobotz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to extract nand with USB Loader GX then use a WAD installer like Multi Mod in the Home brew channel to install Wad's into the the Nand.
Then you just boot into USB loader Gx to play the Wad's installed on the Nand.

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Use the virtual Nand option in usb loader gx. You can use usb loader gx to install the wads also, but it;s a hit and miss. Make sure you have your file/folfer path set up correctly in usb loader GX, try to use no folders for your nand dump, use the root of your sd card and or USB drive. You canhave multiple nands if desired if you have problems in regard of loading your games in usb loader gx if you installed alot of wads in the dumped nand, you better split some up.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a modified IOS80 you can install that will let you boot side loaded wad files from your SD card as if they were legit purchased ones. Just install that, then from the vWii settings move the channels to the SD card. So much better than messing with emu nand nonsense.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/patched-ios80-installer-for-vwii-allows-sd-menu-custom-channels.344882/

Then, just like something downloaded from the Wii Shop, if you try to launch it from the SD card menu it will copy itself to internal storage and launch. So make sure you have enough internal storage for it to launch the games on your SD card. Once you close the game you get the space back, it only copies over temporarily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.