Any way to edit profile and fake link account?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by lolboy, Dec 15, 2018.

1. jellybeangreen2

jellybeangreen2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    I am currently recreating my emunand. Once it completes I will upgrade it to the latest version and then try kefir first and see what happens. I will update you guys shortly.

Just FYI, 512GB Samsung Micro SD. Freshly formatted though the SXOS emunand set up. Hidden emunand partition.

So, I have created my emunand. which is on 5.1.0. Upgraded it to 8.1.0. Ran the kefir updater. It reports as successful. I then reboot in to sxos and select to boot my emunand and I still only have my profile within my emunand originally. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by jellybeangreen2, Jun 28, 2019
  2. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    So folks what I don't understand is why am I running into this issue on the games previously mentioned (mk11, etc) when I have my nintendo account in my switch? I currently have two games I bought from the eshop awhile back, dkctf & gekido. I never signed up for the pay to play online membership so can that be why I experience the "updating game data" screen on mk11 latest version patch?

3. KsAmJ

KsAmJ GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    does this work if applied on emummc with atmospher with ES patches ??
    i am planning to do a nand backup then replcae with hacdiskmount then build the emummc.bin and dd it to the memroy card and boot it via hekate / atmos

4. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

Oct 26, 2002
    United States
    As long as it mounts properly with hacdiskmount then yes it should do. SXOS emunand worked according do a previous poster.

5. Akorax

Akorax Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2012
    Sweden
    Alright. I have to completely rewrite this post after learning a lot from reading this topic and tinkering with the files.

The key to add a linked account offline is replacing contents in the 8000000000000010 file or the file itself.
    The easiest method for doing this, especially considering the current state of Atmosphere emuMMC seems to be by using the KefirUpdater. You install it like any other homebrew, then with the press of a button it does everything automatically for you.

HOWEVER KefirUpdater is a closed source program with account info from someone you might not trust and therefore it's likely some will not prefer this method.

I've tried to tinker with KefirUpdater to see what it actually does and discovered the following:
    - The program is downloading a zipfile called su.zip containing the linked account files.
    - It unzips these files to sdmc:/switch/kefirupdater/su
    - Then it opens and save the 8000000000000010 and 8000000000000011 files. Injection happens here and I'm not sure what goes in 8000000000000011.
    - Finally it reboots to RCM using the reebot to payload method. (At least that's what happens for me)

Furthermore I've tried to provide modified files manually but the program will always try to download the new files anyway.

These are the downloaded contents unzipped (same as post #88)
    Code:
    su/avators/*.jpg
    su/avators/profiles.jpg
    su/baas/*.dat
    su/cache/
    su/nas/**.dat
    su/nas/**_id.token
    su/nas/**_refresh.token
    su/nas/**_user.json
    su/registry.dat
    * unique string generated only for this account
    ** another unique string generated only for this account

Lastly, a probable way to trick this program to use your own files would be spoofing the address it's looking for by making your custom DNS. But in that case it'd probably be easier to dump emuNAND, use hacdiskmount and recreate your emuMMC again.

Last edited by Akorax, Jul 28, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted