Hacking Any way to disable the game card slot ?

Chris77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

So this is my situation : I use a New 3DS XL with a Custom Firmware (Luma3DS) and a DS Two to play with my DS / GBA / SNES Games.

But I noticed that when I'm playing a dematerialized 3DS game (and so don’t use the DS Two), the DS Two still consuming a lot of power.

Of course I could eject the DS Two when I don’t use it, but it’s not a « elegant » way.

Hence my question : is there any software way to disable the game card slot, via the CFW for example ?

Thank you.

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
im sure there is now way doing that there is no reason to use dstwo sell it and buy a r4 for 5 buck

you can play all gba games on your 3ds with vc

you can play snes games on your n3ds with vc

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you actually measured if the battery really drains faster with the cartridge inserted (and not in use)? I've never noticed that with mine.

Last edited by MichiS97,

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes it's true. The DSTWO consumes power from the 3DS even when not in use. It decreases the battery time for about 15-30 minutes while the device is in use. You can even feel that the DSTwo is always warm inside the 3ds after a small amount of time has passed.

Technically speaking the dstwo has a cpu builtin to have a better speed for emulators. While normal games just have a EEPROM to be powered the DSTwo has in addition the CPU which constantly drains battery from the 3.3V lane. No way to power it off except eject the card. The 3DS has no ability to shut off the 3.3V Power lane of the game card slot.

Last edited by GothicIII,

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you could disable the I/O process I doubt there would be a software register that would disable the voltage output on the slot. I know where you're coming from, I had similar issues when using a GW card to boot into emuNAND and then having to remove it to conserve battery but I just don't see it being possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: