Gaming Any way to delete title update and still play the game

aclearersky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought zombiu and it installed the title update for the game when i put the disk in. The issue is that the item duplication glitch was patched with that title update. (please dont give me your two cents on cheating and the ethics of doing it) You can delete the update from your system but it will not even let you play the game offline until you redownload the update. So apart from doing a full system format, is there any way to do this.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I don't think it's possible, I believe the save file is updated so that it looks for the update upon booting. Make a backup od the save file on an SD card and then delete it from the system, then try to run the game.

aclearersky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i deleted everything associated with the game and it still wont let me start the game without the update. Most likely a safeguard in place for nintendo should someone find a glitch.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try disabling your WiiU's wifi connection before launching the game? If it can't phone home, it shouldn't be able to find an update that needs installing.

aclearersky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried disabling wifi and deleting the save and title update. The game gives the error that there is no wifi and sends you back to the wii menu. I imagine its also stored somewhere where we cannot currently get to it so that way if someone finds a glitch in a game that leads to homebrew/piracy they can patch it and people cant simply delete the update.

aclearersky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case anyone was wondering. The only way it looks like you can do it is by formatting your system completely and deleting the download when it attempts. Verified working as i just formatted my system to attempt and zombiu is back to version 1.0

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried disabling wifi and deleting the save and title update. The game gives the error that there is no wifi and sends you back to the wii menu. I imagine its also stored somewhere where we cannot currently get to it so that way if someone finds a glitch in a game that leads to homebrew/piracy they can patch it and people cant simply delete the update.

Man, that's crap on their part, what if you delete your stuff then take your Wii U someplace without internet and want to play the game you paid for? This is almost as bad as that garbage MS was planning with the Xbone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg