Hardware Any way to connect the Wii to my surround system?

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
OP
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Normally there's an audio out on the TV, you just plug it into the AMP. It's why I do on mine.

Yes you're right. I just saw. I have Digital Audio Out (Optical) 1
I can use that to play the sound of both wii and ps3
wink.gif

lol why didn't I connect it like that in the first place.. _doh_

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Connect the red and white phono (right/left audio) from the component cable direct into the aux in phono sockets on your amp. If it uses 3.5mm stereo jack then get a twin phono to 3.5mm adaptor.*

XL9Kz.jpg

Using the optical out on the tv can cause audio delay, and will degrade quality (which may not matter to you, but you'll want it sounding decent if you have a decent rig).

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
OP
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
Connect the red and white phono (right/left audio) from the component cable direct into the aux in phono sockets on your amp. If it uses 3.5mm stereo jack then get a twin phono to 3.5mm adaptor.*

XL9Kz.jpg

Using the optical out on the tv can cause audio delay, and will degrade quality (which may not matter to you, but you'll want it sounding decent if you have a decent rig).

thx for all answers... it was easily solved by connecting the optic from my tv to my surround system.
biggrin.gif

jqwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the wii supports dolby pro logic 2 so you can just run the red and white audio straight into the reciever or pass through the tv......make sure you turn on dolby pro logic 2 decoding on inside your reciever or you wont be getting any surround sound....took me months to figure that last part out....now i got good surround for my wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo