Any way to check which of your steam library games work offline?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So valve is currently checking which of the games in their store play well on the deck. That's of course pretty neat...but what I'm noticing is the lack of notion of that other nagging thing "offline modus".

Thus far, it hasn't been an issue. My pc has been internet connected since it was built, and I've come to terms with the fact that steam is really just DRM since they launched (believe it or not, but in the early days people weren't happy to be monitored that way). The offline modus was like a quirky feature to have in case of internet outage (perhaps two or three hours total in the last ten years here(1)) or convenient for those who took gaming laptops to wifi-less places(2).

But I'm planning to take my deck - with steam games downloaded and installed on it - on my train commutes. 4G is kind of flakey (and my data pretty limited), so I'm going to presume that I'll operate those in offline modus.

The question is: which ones? Thus far, my google-fu has found quite some information on it but no data. That is: the question has been asked and answered on individual basis. I've found a handful of games (that I don't even own (3) ) that apparently work, but not really a long (let alone difinitive) list. And certainly nothing in the area of protondb, which has notes on how steam windows games behave on linux on an impressive amount of detailed tests.

So...does anyone know a way to find this out, hopefully prior to launch(4)? :)

(1): not counting a handful of times where I simply had to reset the router manually because of some domestic issue.
(2): which sounds a bit like "we're taking our limousine to a dirt track": you can do it, but why would you want to?
(3): and by the size of my own steam collection, that's almost an achievement :P
(4): it'd kind of sucks if I install four games on it, and the first thing I notice on my morning commutes is that they all require just two kilobytes of data to make sure the grey in the background of the opening picture matches the grey of your mouse pointer or something similarly stupid

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think there is a list, but any game without online play should work in offline mode. The only catch is you need to be online to make the actual switch, and all games need to be fully updated to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: