Hacking Any way to change menu of x and o button?

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I have a console where the x button is normally cancel, and the o is confirm. I used a plugin to change them so now x is confirm and o is cancel. Problem is the menu still states otherwise, and this makes me pretty confused at times. Is there any way to change the menu so they can match?

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You have japanese vita, to be honest it's best to just get used to it, if you change the buttons the swaparound affects games aswell

It can be changed in the standard ps vita settings

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have O on cancel now through settings. Only thing is I have the same issue. I was asking if there was a way to change what the console says. It says press X to go back, when it’s really O. I want to change it to say O for back so it matches. If that’s possible.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean in games, it would not be possible, but on the os it should have updated after choosing the O behavior and rebooting,
47d8a5c52ab3a6f5c2ea1127fa1de7ce.jpg
ed450a04ae377e9523d97a216564a23a.jpg

67e84682897d13b54fb79124189ff40f.jpg
878c4c67240bf5f87b937cfa6a2c1e02.jpg

Last edited by kaymynd,
Reactions: Powerful

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Weird it’s not changing for me.

the Henkaku settings option never worked for me either, however you can change them around in; PS Vita settings, accessibility, button assignments - as I advised earlier it will also swap them around for games though

Me personally I just leave my Japanese Vita on standard settings and use the touch screen as much as possible.

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Henkaku settings option never worked for me either, however you can change them around in; PS Vita settings, accessibility, button assignments - as I advised earlier it will also swap them around for games though

Me personally I just leave my Japanese Vita on standard settings and use the touch screen as much as possible.
It’s so annoying to me honestly lol. I just wish there was an easy fix that would change it to make it exactly like a US vita.

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It’s so annoying to me honestly lol. I just wish there was an easy fix that would change it to make it exactly like a US vita.

I completely agree, I have European Vita aswell as a Japanese, after a while you will get used to it. I rarely press the wrong button now, I do use the touch screen as much as possible now though.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a plugin and the henkaku settings? They may be conflicting with each other try disabling the plugin and reboot then just go into henkaku settings and set the O behavior and reboot again, it should take effect on the menu, if it's not taking effect after this, the only thing i can think of is either it's a bug in Japanese vitas, or it's an installed plugin causing the issue.

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a plugin and the henkaku settings? They may be conflicting with each other try disabling the plugin and reboot then just go into henkaku settings and set the O behavior and reboot again, it should take effect on the menu, if it's not taking effect after this, the only thing i can think of is either it's a bug in Japanese vitas, or it's an installed plugin causing the issue.
Yeah I fixed it. I got it to work in henkaku settings. I had the plugin disabled, but I guess I had loli plugin swapped too. Switched to using the henkaku settings way and also fixed it in adrenaline so I think I should be good now! Thanks for your help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you mean in games, it would not be possible, but on the os it should have updated after choosing the O behavior and rebooting,
47d8a5c52ab3a6f5c2ea1127fa1de7ce.jpg
ed450a04ae377e9523d97a216564a23a.jpg

67e84682897d13b54fb79124189ff40f.jpg
878c4c67240bf5f87b937cfa6a2c1e02.jpg
Btw what’s your background I kinda like that. Lol

Reactions: kaymynd

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by kaymynd,

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure np glad i could help!
And it's a ps4 theme i can't remember the exact name right now, but i got it from custom themes manager
Just search ps4 in the app and it'll pop up

http://redsquirrel87.altervista.org/doku.php/custom-themes-manager

You can also download the app directly on vita using vhbb

https://github.com/devnoname120/vhbb

Here's also a modded version of vhbb that has homebrew the original doesn't as well if you want to check it out

https://github.com/DevDavisNunez/vhbb
Thanks a lot! I’ll be sure to check this out.

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I started playing around last night to see why henkaku changes weren't working for me; I realised I had turned off the Vita instead of rebooting after changing the settings, so I changed the settings then loaded vitashell up, rebooted and yay; it worked, X advanced and O cancelled, however unfortunately as I suspected the swaparound also changed the buttons in games.

So I tried to change it back... everytime I change the settings, the changes work in the vita menu, however nothing will change the ingame buttons back to how they should be.... X is now O, O is now X

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try changing them in the system.dreg in vd0:registry. I had done that originally to make it like Nintendo systems, but I changed it back through henkaku settings.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started playing around last night to see why henkaku changes weren't working for me; I realised I had turned off the Vita instead of rebooting after changing the settings, so I changed the settings then loaded vitashell up, rebooted and yay; it worked, X advanced and O cancelled, however unfortunately as I suspected the swaparound also changed the buttons in games.

So I tried to change it back... everytime I change the settings, the changes work in the vita menu, however nothing will change the ingame buttons back to how they should be.... X is now O, O is now X
Did you disable the button swaps in the accesibility settings? It may be conflicting possibly? Or if you've used another button swap plugin disable that as well.

Reactions: Vinceherman

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you disable the button swaps in the accesibility settings? It may be conflicting possibly? Or if you've used another button swap plugin disable that as well.

haha thank you, I should have checked this myself... it was getting late last night.... (poor excuse!), button swap was enabled in accessilbility settings, unticked that and all back to normal now.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha thank you, I should have checked this myself... it was getting late last night.... (poor excuse!), button swap was enabled in accessilbility settings, unticked that and all back to normal now.
For sure no worries! And i know what you mean lol, I've been there myself xD

Powerful

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure np glad i could help!
And it's a ps4 theme i can't remember the exact name right now, but i got it from custom themes manager
Just search ps4 in the app and it'll pop up

http://redsquirrel87.altervista.org/doku.php/custom-themes-manager

You can also download the app directly on vita using vhbb

https://github.com/devnoname120/vhbb

Here's also a modded version of vhbb that has homebrew the original doesn't as well if you want to check it out

https://github.com/DevDavisNunez/vhbb
I got everything and installed the theme. For some reason when using the theme folders with more than 2 apps won’t load the app icons when opened. It’s very strange, do you have this issue, or have you fixed it before? I thought maybe a reboot would help, but that didn’t. Then I tried using database manager to update the database, but that didn’t work either.

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything and installed the theme. For some reason when using the theme folders with more than 2 apps won’t load the app icons when opened. It’s very strange, do you have this issue, or have you fixed it before? I thought maybe a reboot would help, but that didn’t. Then I tried using database manager to update the database, but that didn’t work either.
I do encounter this issue sometimes but it usually fixes itself after a reboot most of the time, but sometimes it does stick around even after a few reboots, i suspected it was a plugin behind this, but i haven't been able to pinpoint which one, and now that you've encountered the same issue after installing the same theme, it makes me think it might be a bug in the theme itself, I'll look more into it tonight and post my finds in an update.

Last edited by kaymynd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup