Gaming Any way to change compatability of USB ports?

iiNt3rV3nTiiOnZ7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked wii ( I have a bunch of stuff on it like cios 249,222,223, and some other things), and I was wondering if there is a way to make the rock band 2 wireless drums work on the right usb(while the wii is standing up). I can't use them on the left, as that is where the hard drive must be loaded to play hacked games, and I have no idea how making a back up onto a dvd works without a mod chip. Any help is appreciated.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have a hacked wii ( I have a bunch of stuff on it like cios 249,222,223, and some other things), and I was wondering if there is a way to make the rock band 2 wireless drums work on the right usb(while the wii is standing up). I can't use them on the left, as that is where the hard drive must be loaded to play hacked games, and I have no idea how making a back up onto a dvd works without a mod chip. Any help is appreciated.
Mostly it just needs to be running off of a cIOS with a base of either ISO38 or IOS57. 223 normally has that installed in there and it's often done with 250 as well.

Also, if you want to be able to plug it into either port and be able to plug it in and unplug it while the game's running you'll need to have either D2X beta v9 or v10-alt installed. If you have any other version I think it has to be plugged into the USB port even before you start the USB Loader app and you can't unplug it without it stopping working.

iiNt3rV3nTiiOnZ7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly it just needs to be running off of a cIOS with a base of either ISO37 or IOS57. 223 normally has that installed in there and it's often done with 250 as well.

Also, if you want to be able to plug it into either port and be able to plug it in and unplug it while the game's running you'll need to have either D2X beta v9 or v10-alt installed. If you have any other version I think it has to be plugged into the USB port even before you start the USB Loader app and you can't unplug it without it stopping working.

So i basically have to use whatever to install 37 and 57, along with getting a different usb loader and the d2x thing?

iiNt3rV3nTiiOnZ7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly it just needs to be running off of a cIOS with a base of either ISO37 or IOS57. 223 normally has that installed in there and it's often done with 250 as well.

Is there any way you could link me to the downloads? I'm fairly bad at finding good ones for wii, as I bricked it 2 or 3 times because of bad files.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is there any way you could link me to the downloads? I'm fairly bad at finding good ones for wii, as I bricked it 2 or 3 times because of bad files.
Forum rules don't let me link IOS files because they're copyrighted but ... What I would recommend is to get ModMii for Windows and give it a syscheck log of your Wii and it will download everything you need to put the right versions in the right places and tell you what to do with them in a very step by step manner.

So i basically have to use whatever to install 37 and 57, along with getting a different usb loader and the d2x thing?
Which loader you use shouldn't matter as long as it can tell the game which cIOS to use when it runs.

And sorry for my typo there, I meant 38.
Anyway, to be clear a cIOS is a modified version of an original IOS. The IOS base of a cIOS is which one was modified to make it in the first place. USUALLY you're supposed to have a modified 37 installed as 222, 38 as as 223, and 57 as 224 and it's COMMON to have a modified 56 as 249 and 57 as 250 but I don't know what you might have at the moment. If you go through the ModMii update process, though, you WILL have them installed in those places.

You just need one that's BASED off of 38 or 57 to run that kind of game because they have USB instructions in them that those games use.

D2X is just the name of recent versions of cIOS 249 (after rev21 IIRC) If you don't have v9 or v10-alt installed of that you'll just have to make sure your USB microphones or instruments are plugged in before you start your USB Loader program (like WiiFlow, Postloader, uLoader, GX, CFG, NeoGamma, etc.) and not unplug them until you're done with the game.

iiNt3rV3nTiiOnZ7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which loader you use shouldn't matter as long as it can tell the game which cIOS to use when it runs.

What I would recommend is to get ModMii for Windows and give it a syscheck log of your Wii and it will download everything you need to put the right versions in the right places and tell you what to do with them in a very step by step manner.

Sorry for my typo there, I meant 38.
Anyway, to be clear a cIOS is a modified version of an original IOS. The IOS base of a cIOS is which one was modified to make it in the first place. USUALLY you're supposed to have a modified 37 installed as 222, 38 as as 223, and 57 as 224 and it's COMMON to have a modified 56 as 249 and 57 as 250 but I don't know what you might have at the moment. If you go through the ModMii update process, though, you WILL have them installed in those places.

You just need one that's BASED off of 38 or 57 to run that kind of game because they have USB instructions in them that those games use.

D2X is just the name of recent versions of cIOS 249 (after rev21 IIRC) If you don't have v9 or v10-alt installed of that you'll just have to make sure your USB microphones or instruments are plugged in before you start your USB Loader program (like WiiFlow, Postloader, uLoader, GX, CFG, NeoGamma, etc.) and not unplug them until you're done with the game.

If i leave them plugged in it doesn't matter, the left usb is the only one that reads the drums, let alone any usb device i plug in, and the right one honestly does nothing. Thanks for all the help, i'll look into it when I get some time.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
If i leave them plugged in it doesn't matter, the left usb is the only one that reads the drums, and the right one honestly does nothing. Thanks for all the help, i'll look into it when I get some time.
I think I've also seen people use a USB hub to hook more than one thing into the Wii at a time so you should be able to hook both drums to the same port.

iiNt3rV3nTiiOnZ7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've also seen people use a USB hub to hook more than one thing into the Wii at a time so you should be able to hook both drums to the same port.

I tried that with several different ones, all to no avail. I put the usb and the drums in each combination of spots, but NONE of them worked. I will use bootmii later when I get the time. Thanks Max!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended