Hacking Any way to backup saves from retail 3DS carts to use with Sky3DS?

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm new in terms of editing. Look so confused but it's fun to try :D

Yea well probably will be better to just look for "online header injection" stuff, follow those guides but with your own rom dump, probably works and is easiert than trying to decode my gibberish ;)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yea well probably will be better to just look for "online header injection" stuff, follow those guides but with your own rom dump, probably works and is easiert than trying to decode my gibberish ;)

Could you point out the name of the tool to get uniqueid? I can't fine anywhere due to bad keywords :D

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Is it Gateway ROM Patcher? I got Cart. ID, Chip ID, is it the Unique ID?

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lukas_2511 I tried to get the header using Gateway ROM Patcher and import to Sky3DS Template Maker but the savedata is still corrupted :D Do you have any idea? Was I wrong? Anyone? Thanks

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lukas_2511 I tried to get the header using Gateway ROM Patcher and import to Sky3DS Template Maker but the savedata is still corrupted :D Do you have any idea? Was I wrong? Anyone? Thanks

View attachment 15385

I can't really remember anything more, I've written the required ids into the right places manually and it worked without any problems. Did you reimport the game after modifying template.txt?

Are you in classic mt-card more or something with emunand? It won't work there.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can't really remember anything more, I've written the required ids into the right places manually and it worked without any problems. Did you reimport the game after modifying template.txt?

Are you in classic mt-card more or something with emunand? It won't work there.

I did reimport the game after modifying template.txt. I'm still in SysNand. Really need my pokemon save loaded.
Could you redo your work to figure out again? Thanks.

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just had a look at my modifications to template.txt, it looks like I actually only modified the unique id, since the card id was already there.

I just flashed the Backup to a new microsd card, and it works.

I have to say that i am not using the normal DiskWriter, but I guess it should work with that too.
IIRC there was an option to select which template.txt to use, maybe it is using the wrong one. Use that option in the menu to select the right file, and try flashing again.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just had a look at my modifications to template.txt, it looks like I actually only modified the unique id, since the card id was already there.

I just flashed the Backup to a new microsd card, and it works.

I have to say that i am not using the normal DiskWriter, but I guess it should work with that too.
IIRC there was an option to select which template.txt to use, maybe it is using the wrong one. Use that option in the menu to select the right file, and try flashing again.

Edit Unique ID that match the SHA-1, right?

According to the Disk Layout template
0x0020 0x0010 ????
0x0030 0x0010 Zero-Padding
0x0040 0x0010 "Unique" ID (Online Identifier)

Is it okay to leave ??? by default in the template.txt? How about the last 2 bytes for CRC16 checksum? I did try to checksum but always wrong, even with the selected template in template.txt.

Let me try to just edit the Unique ID, hope it works.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"It won't be online"?

I think the game should actually work online now just fine, it should be nearly 1:1 like the original gamecard.

But great that the savegame import worked ;)

When accessing online I'm getting the error " You cannot use online services with this Game Card.". Should I need to edit something in the template?

Pokebank works fine by now but online gameplay.

lukas_2511

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When accessing online I'm getting the error " You cannot use online services with this Game Card.". Should I need to edit something in the template?

Pokebank works fine by now but online gameplay.

Huh, ok, sorry no idea, I thought that this would also enable online-play, but I never tried playing online myself... so yea

Reactions: thaikhoa

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Huh, ok, sorry no idea, I thought that this would also enable online-play, but I never tried playing online myself... so yea

Just got it to work online, all we can do is modify to the right Chip ID and Unique ID following the right SHA-1 to identify the gamecard, 0x0020 0x0010 ???? part of the template is really something, should leave it alone. The 2 bytes at the end of each template in template.txt is not important by now due to unlimited games supported.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, the recent posts have left me confused. Is there any update regarding importing saves over from retail carts for people with only a Sky3DS and 3DS running the latest firmware?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Got my Sky3DS and sucessfully transferred all my Card1 saves (over two dozens). Only need to have an original CardID and correct EEPROM ID size (may differ for several titles in the Sky3DS template). Save converter attached.

Attachments

• skysave.pl.txt
    937 bytes · Views: 474

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Got my Sky3DS and sucessfully transferred all my Card1 saves (over two dozens). Only need to have an original CardID and correct EEPROM ID size (may differ for several titles in the Sky3DS template). Save converter attached.

Oh awesome, so it's possible without Gateway? Is there a guide anywhere on what steps I need to follow?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh awesome, so it's possible without Gateway? Is there a guide anywhere on what steps I need to follow?
For games with repeat CTR fail save crypto you need any hardware save dumper, or 3DS with firmware <=9.2 cimpatible with Gateway Launcher to dump EEPROM save. Also may need to find the correct ROM ID and/or EEPROM ID in template (or just recypher the EEPROM dump)
For games with newer crypto you need 3DS compatible with Gateway Launcher to dump EEPROM and ROM (for CardID). May need to fix EEPROM size in template

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For games with repeat CTR fail save crypto you need any hardware save dumper, or 3DS with firmware <=9.2 cimpatible with Gateway Launcher to dump EEPROM save. Also may need to find the correct ROM ID and/or EEPROM ID in template (or just recypher the EEPROM dump)
For games with newer crypto you need 3DS compatible with Gateway Launcher to dump EEPROM and ROM (for CardID). May need to fix EEPROM size in template

Cheers, I'm just interested in older games, so shouldn't be too complex. I have a functioning DSTwo, but am guessing I'll need to buy this? http://www.r4i-shopper.com/r4i-save-dongle-p-56.html

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I have that one, it works. But check the encryption method of the needed ROMs with rom_tool to make sure it can be transferred. It is really only the start titles have such encryption.

Great :) I may need some help with the process so will post here once it arrives if I run into any problems - thanks :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol