Any way to backup my current save from retail game?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Azadar, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Azadar
    OP

Azadar GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2006
    United States
    Just bought a Sky3d+ and got my games ripped and installed on it working good so far, however I have some games I would rather not have to start over as I've invested a few hours intro them.

Is it possible to backup the saves from the retail cartridge and have it import them into my sky3d memory card?

2. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    svdt

3. Azadar
    OP

Azadar GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2006
    United States
    that requires homebrew correct?? I dont have that on here as Im on 10.6

4. Pikm

Pikm Thy Lord and Savior

Jan 24, 2016
    United States
    Delaware
    Get a cubic ninja rom. And install Ninjhax. It's a primary exploit, so you don't need HBL access to get it.

5. Azadar
    OP

Azadar GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2006
    United States
    tried that when I ran it I got to the part where it installs it and the top screen show a bunch of code and the bottom screen turns colors stops at red and freezes have to power cycle..

I did all steps correctly

6. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    You're obviously doing something wrong, you need the latest starter kit (this can be found on smea's website) just put every file that the starter kit contains on the sd card that came with your 3ds

7. Azadar
    OP

Azadar GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2006
    United States
    Wait so I need to put it on the flash card that is under the screws in the 3ds and not on my Micro SD card I bought for the sky3d??

8. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    Yes

9. Azadar
    OP

Azadar GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2006
    United States
    I was able to get it to load finally! Replaced the 4 with a 16gb and figure out how to backup the game saves I believe! updating the game now and will see in a few! YEAH IT WORKED!! Saved me 5 hours of YOKI on to Xeno now!!! Dont want to start over 12 hours!!!

cearp likes this.
  10. BandwagonMiiverseLurker
    This message by BandwagonMiiverseLurker has been removed from public view by Costello, Feb 27, 2016, Reason: not useful.
    Feb 27, 2016