Hacking Any way of updating the Shop Channel without updating the Wii?

Supa_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I've used a wad that supposedly updates the shop channel without the need to update the wii itself. It didn't work for me; I still got the msg that I need to update my Wii which I don't wanna because I won't be able to use the Homebrew Channel

Is there any other way to update the shop channel?

Thanks in advance

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supa_S said:
I've used a wad that supposedly updates the shop channel without the need to update the wii itself. It didn't work for me; I still got the msg that I need to update my Wii which I don't wanna because I won't be able to use the Homebrew Channel

Is there any other way to update the shop channel?

Thanks in advance
What do you mean? If you update your Wii w/ the homebrew channel already installed, you can still use it. If you do not like the new update, you can always downgrade using waninkoko's downgrader.

Supa_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
oh... lol... I thought the homebrew channel can only be used with 3.2U. I haven't updated in months. If that's the case, then why don't people wanna update from 3.2U? What's so special about it?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3.3 Stops Trucha Signing, meaning that for people who use modchips to install homebrew from DVD's. can't do it. The only Homebrew you really have to install without the homebrew channel is the hombrew channel itself, and so if you have 3.3 and no homebrew channel, you have to use the twilight hack to install it instead of the install DVD.

Supa_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So basically I'm safe yeah? I could upgrade the wii and still be able to use the emulators and install wiiware/VC wads yeah?

Sorry for the many questions, it's just that I bought my Wii for about $660 so I worry about increasing the risk of bricking it

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starfall only works on 3.2, so yeah. You can upgrade though. It's possible to downgrade later anyways. But, I don't remember 3.2 having an outdated shop channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat