Any way of getting ambassador status?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by splinters, Aug 18, 2012.

Aug 18, 2012
  1. splinters
    OP

Newcomer splinters Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I just bagged a 3ds that has had around 10 hours of use in its lifetime for a bargain price. It was bought a month before the ambassador program started in August last year but the owner has never been online with it. Not a surprise given the little use its had.
    As this was eligible (by date) for the ambassador program, is there no way of getting the ambassador status and the free games?
    I am getting the receipt with it and I suspect the serial number would also verify its age. Seems a shame to miss out on these just because it has never been used online.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
  3. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    i think
    to have got ambassador status, you MUST have connect to the eshop BEFORE the cutoff date

now there is NO way to get ambassador status

4. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    If you have the receipt, you CAN try to scan it to Nintendo with your serial and see how it goes.

5. splinters
    OP

Newcomer splinters Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help. The microsite will not accept the serial number so I guess out of luck there. Will try Nintendo; they can only say no so nothing to lose.

6. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    As long as you have evidence that this set was bought in the £200++ period with the date clearly stated (not smudged or faded), then you're (quite) safe.

Or else you're pretty much out of luck.

7. Gettwobirdsstone

Member Gettwobirdsstone Triforce Guardian

Canada
    I sent my 3ds in for repairs to the hings, so they sent me a refurbished 3ds, and it just so happened that they never erased the ambassador status from it. So I get and it has the serial number of an ambassador 3ds, I had to fight with Nintendo for about a week, and they caved, because I had the evidence, I'm still in aww to this day. If your lucky and they send you another 3ds instead of repair your, you might get one too.

Edit: I never bought my original 3ds when it came out, my 3ds was purchase for christmas.

8. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Got a receipt for you if you need one(bought somewhere in May previous year if I remember right.), I have it as backup but yeah since I don't have my old 3DS anymore you can have it.(PM me)