Any way of backing up my wii with usb??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by phillyrider807, May 27, 2009.

1. phillyrider807
    OP

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2009
    United States
    Ok my sd slot in my wii is broke and i have been using a usb flash drive for all homebrew needs and i use the usb loader. I know all about bootmii,preloader and the like yet i can't use it because i can't use a sd card. Anyway i can use one of these apps but it backs up the nand to usb rather then the sd card? My wii as of now is perfectly fine but i want to safeproof it and as of now i can't

Im on 3.2

2. DarthYoshi

DarthYoshi GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    I'm basically in the same boat as phillyrider807. I would like to backup my NAND through wifi instead though. I heard you could do that with FTPii but I can't get it to work right. Is there any other homebrew I could use to do it?

3. phillyrider807
    OP

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2009
    United States
    You can back it up through wifi?

4. DarthYoshi

DarthYoshi GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2007
    United States
    Well I guess if you use FTPii, you are supposed to be able to navigate to a \NAND\ directory, but I don't see one, and can't get my FTP software to connect to FTPii. So I used Windows Explorer, which can see \SD\ and \IBFS\, but not \NAND\.

5. Matt93

Matt93 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2008
    United States
    Well is NAND a hidden folder? Just throwing that out there, I've never had to use any of this before.

6. kwirky

kwirky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Directory /nand is in ftpii but you need to use and IOS that is /dev/flash access enabled.
    Alternatively, you can use WIiND V2 dump your nand image to a USB stick.