Hacking Any way I can get some SM3DW models?

TacoJosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to get some Super Mario 3D World models, specifically the Hands-On Hall models. I haven't seen any way of extracting models from the game or even a way to dump the game. Any help, or if someone just wants to send me the models.

D

Deleted User

Not sure about opening the models, but there is a way to dump the game.
There is a program called DDD that dumps the game over a network connection to a program running on your PC.
Just do a quick search using GBATemp's search bar, you're bound to find it eventually. :P

TacoJosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I actually got it, part of it. I did this a while ago but forgot about it. I used UWizard to extract all the game's contents, but at this point, I have no idea what to do with the SZS files. I tried the programs Chadderz and Bean made for MKW and I tried BrawlBox but neither work. At this point I'm lost on how to extract the contents from an SZS

D

Deleted User

Chadderz' SZS tools are for files from the original Wii, as is BrawlBox. SZS files on the Wii U are simply Yaz-0 compressed files (sort of like the GZIP format). Inside the SZS file is likely an archive (SARC, fort of like the TAR format). UWizard can extract those files.

TacoJosh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check vg resource they have a forum where they discussed the game
Chadderz' SZS tools are for files from the original Wii, as is BrawlBox. SZS files on the Wii U are simply Yaz-0 compressed files (sort of like the GZIP format). Inside the SZS file is likely an archive (SARC, fort of like the TAR format). UWizard can extract those files.

I found the thread and I got as far as extracting the byml files and the bfres file using NWPlayer's SARC Tools. At this point, I assume that I need to get 3DSmax, because that won't load on my pc.

Reactions: mustafag32g

SDKthicccboi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about batch exporting them using "Switch Toolbox"
it kinda works in every .szs files in every game on wii u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.