Hacking Any way i can backup GC game disks?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some rare games I own that I cannot find on the internet that I would like to burn on a backup disk. Is there anyway of Backing up my disks using my Wii or PC?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
RemixDeluxe said:
There are some rare games I own that I cannot find on the internet that I would like to burn on a backup disk. Is there anyway of Backing up my disks using my Wii or PC?
There are numerous programs for ripping games. Try out SuperDump. You might even be able to rip it with a USB loader, although you couldn't play it from the HDD of course.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw I find it very strange for a game like Animal Crossing to be 25 MB. Did I get this right or is there an error cause that seems very tiny for a GameCube game?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's normal, it's the actual shrunken game size
biggrin.gif

Or maybe it depend on your iso dumper, it should dump the full disc, not only the game data.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres so much to do in that game also to put into account that the game uses 59 blocks of memory to save. With all that in mind I would imagine near 2 GB of data.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Max GC disc size is ~1.5GB

You can do a lot, but most of the game is only script, with random generated town, with little pattern textures.
no video, not a lot of different 3D element (3D doesn't take a lot of place anyway, it's just coordinates), no predefined different area to visit, no big texture to store.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RemixDeluxe said:
Btw I find it very strange for a game like Animal Crossing to be 25 MB. Did I get this right or is there an error cause that seems very tiny for a GameCube game?

Nintendo is experienced with reducing games in their storage size. The playstation was released in 1995 and the N64 in 1996, 650 MB against 64 MB. Well is any N64 game actually 64 MB big? Zelda Ocarina of Time is only 32 MB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM