Any way around the 7 day system transfer limit?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by The Iron Rose, Oct 1, 2016.

1. The Iron Rose
    OP

The Iron Rose GBAtemp Regular

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    I screwed up the DSi Downgrade process, which is super annoying. I got Nintendo Support to unlink the NNID that was transferred to the n3ds (i.e. the NNID with fieldrunners purchased on it) so I can put that back on my o3ds and do the transfer fine. Or, to hell with it, purchase fieldrunners again and be done with it.

However, I still have to wait 7 days, which is a pain in the ass. Is there any way around that wait time? With calling up nintendo support or anything like that?

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    i unfortunately got into the same boat, i was installing it for a friend and it didn't transfer fieldrunners, so i gotta wait 2 weeks for a double transfer, all you can do is wait it out sadly

Last edited by CitizenSnips, Oct 1, 2016
  3. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    There's no way. For the last month every Thursday is my system transfer day, and I have purchased 3 copies of fieldrunners. I guess my body starts to get addicted to doing system transfer on weekly base.

4. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    You should be able to just redownload fieldrunners with linking your original NNID

5. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    I know I can do that. But I'm transferring from 2ds, which is the console I dedicatedly used to DG my new consoles, to n3ds's. I'm not feeling good to call ninty every week to ask them transfer back the account with fieldrunners as the only purchased game to the same console I asked them for last week. I'd rather buy a new copy, it's cheap anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenSnips likes this.
  6. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    You're not alone. I do it twice a week.

7. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    guys if say i purchased Fieldrunners on my O3DS without NNID link and did a sysNand backup before i do a system transfer, can i restore that nand backup and the Fieldrunners on it still considered legit for future downgrading use?

8. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    No? It's a NAND with a duplicate/illogical NNID/ID.

TC just wait 1 week. In the meanwhile, backup the NAND on your source 3DS so that you can flash it to do the exploit again in case Fieldrunners doesn't transfer over.

9. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    thanks for the response.. i just hope i don't have to repurchase that game..i already bought it twice actually as i did a system transfer a couple of days ago to my N3DS and now i got a third 3DS to downgrade..anyway it is cheap but of course what if nintendo would remove it from the eshop then it would be difficult to acquire that game or find another exploit..

10. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    Why don't you just purchase the game immediately after you system transfer it away?

11. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    i already did..it's just that im paranoid nintendo might take down the game from eshop..LOL..because im planning to get a 4th 3DS for my son..the first 1 is mine, 2nd is my wife's, 3rd is my daughter's and im planning to purchase one for my son probably in a month's time..