Any upcoming games from Gameloft?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gandev, Aug 13, 2009.

Aug 13, 2009
  1. Gandev
    OP

Newcomer Gandev Advanced Member

Bulgaria
    Are there any DS games in development from Gameloft - the guys who made Asphalt.As a mobile developer they are doing great games for mobile phones and N-gage and it is very strange that only a few of their games appear on DS.So do you know something about new games?

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    They're sticking to DSi as their retail games do fairly badly, wouldn't help that half of their games were kinda "ass". Their next games are a port of the dreadful American Popstar and a version of Uno which I'm sure is on the DS anyway.

Sure on the mobile they do the odd good game (they used to be must better) but now they just rip off other games and also use the same engine over and over. Very overrated and I hear they treat their staff like shit.

3. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    IMO I believe they are sticking to Ipod Touch/ Iphone Games/Apps..

Every Game/App they make on the ipod touch/ iphone is excellent..

They seem to put a lot more effort into the iphone apps..

4. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    They do make some decent apps, though apps in general some are really good and some are really bad (ie: all the entertainment, fart noises, etc.)

5. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Really? You have a thing for Gameloft, of all developers? [​IMG]

I don't own an iPhone, so I can't speak to what they've done on the platform, but they've littered WiiWare with mostly drek. Haven't played Asphalt 4, but if it's anything like 2 (which I don't think they developed), I'm sure it's decent. That said, I can't think of a single other game by them I'd be interested in checking out.