Hacking Any UK SXOS users willing to help?Im having

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive beenhaving big issues with my Nintendo Switch for the last week ever since I updated Firmware, no games would update or download DLC files and the latest sx installer wouldnt work. Found out this was due to me using a Mac and it messing up the file directories. Sorted it all out but was getting errors whenever I tried to update games or DLC. Bought a new sd card and its become a nightmare.

Are there any trusted users on this site who have fixed consoles for others and have feedback? A member helped me 2 years ago with a 3DS that bricked.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So you bought a new SD card and now you are having problems setting it up?

SD card should have a folder called "switch" which has most of your stuff in it. (Roms,Homebrew, etc)
Should also have the SX OS Boot.dat file with the license.dat file in the root of your SD card
sxos folder should get created automatically when you boot SX OS
Nintendo Folder should also get created automatically when you boot your Switch with the SD card in

Inside the "switch" folder you create another folder called "games" and thats where you put all xci files in

Last edited by TunaKetchup,

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im no in the UK ( not sure why that matters) but im also not understanding hte actual problem.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im not sure i understand the problem.

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my firmware and after that the SX installer wasn't working on the latest version (due to me using a Mac). I formatted the SD card and moved the fixed files back. SX installer worked but none of my games were able to update or download DLC (I get the messages "install failed.See console for more details" "Failed to register load of numbers" "failed to register placeholder NCA load of numbers")

My SD card is FAT32. I was told it could be and SD card issue so I bought a new.bigger SD card. Checked it and formatted it to FAT32. Made brand new folders on the root and downloaded the latest SX boot.dat as well as latest Tinfoil etc. Moved my licence across and created a new emunand. When I boot up the console with the dongle and jig and it goes the the SXOS boot screen, it has "emunand disabled" and no option to enable it.

Could this be because I have a gamecard in? Im getting to the point where Im willing to pay a trusted member to sort this out for me if they live in the UK

Last edited by ChokingVictim87,

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Depending on which firmware you have been it can be that the installtion routine of the games has been tempered and now all games that were installed on fw4.xx-5.xx(?) are not valid anymore because sx implemented the installation of ncas wrong (missing a header smth like that). They fixed it with a later release.
The problem is happening now because nintendo checks that header after that firmware update and seeing that is missing making the game invalid.
All you have to do is reinstalling those games that are not working. It happened to me too and I had to reinstall about 30 games. After installation they worked again without problems.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
When you updated your switch did you update it the normal method via your switch or with ChoiDujournx because if you did it with your switch then your sd card will need to be exfat because the sd reader will of been updated too exfat file system and your formatting it still as fat32 and this is probably why you cannot enable emunand. Try formatting your sd card again as exfat with windows put your files back on and try again you will need to install your games again because you installed them on a fat32 card to begin with and they will all be corrupted because the file system has now changed. Also yes take your gamecard out your xci files won’t work.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)