Hacking Any tutorial to convert a save made in 4.X to 6.X encryption? To use it in 9.x n3ds

tekno18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I played bravery default, Zelda LBTW, And Yoshis Island on a 4.X O3ds, i want to use those saves in the N3ds but this games use 6.x encryption, is there any way to update those saves to use it in 9.x?

Thanks for the help.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway saves? Easy. Just use the SaveDataFiler trick (make sure it's installed on both devices).

First, connect the internal card from the old 3DS to your PC, rename the save to 000400000FF40A00.sav

Put the card back into your 3DS, and from Gateway mode, load the ROM the save is for, then run SDF.

Extract from the CTR Card (it should not say broken thanks to the rename) by hitting Y then A.

Now shut off the 3DS, take the 3DS internal card back out, and put it in your PC.

Copy the "filer" folder from your old 3DS's internal card to your PC, then remove it.

Pop the internal card from the N3DS into the reader, and copy the filer folder to it.

Put your N3DS card back into the N3DS, load the ROM the game is for from the select menu, then run SDF.

Go over to the SD tab on the right, select your backup, hold L and hit A, then A one more time to restore to CTR Card.

Now shut off the N3DS, take the N3DS internal card back out, and put it in your PC.

There should be a new save named "000400000FF40A00.sav", rename it to the actual cart ID, like the original save was.

Put the internal card back into the N3DS, boot into Gateway Mode, load your ROM from the menu and run it.

If all went well, your save should be there.

Now if you have a Sky3DS... I don't know. The problem is, there's no CFW for 9.2, and with Sky3DS mimicking a real cart, well, for the moment CFW is the only solution I know of that wouldn't cost money. Anything not using a 6.x key like Zelda OoT you could practically do in your sleep -- get save from real cart or by renaming GW save to "000400000FF40A00.sav", then put in the Sky3DS and restore to CTR Card while running PBT. It works, but anything with 6.x keys will throw a wrench in it.

Reactions: Margen67

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use safedatafiler to extract then inject if they're .cia or .3ds based.
If they're retail, you're out of luck. Hopefully there will be a way soon.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use safedatafiler to extract then inject if they're .cia or .3ds based.
If they're retail, you're out of luck. Hopefully there will be a way soon.

That depends. You can use CFW on the Old 3DS with SDF installed to extract from the cart, but there's no way to copy back to it, so, you will have to dump any cart you wanted to use the save from to a .3DS file. But the GW has that capability, so, not a big deal if you're not some extreme moralist nutcase that won't even use the backup copy you're legally entitled to by law.

you mean 7.x encryption!?!
i may be wrong on this but you cant transfer saves from 1 console to other coz they are signed to it...(even if you use savedatafiler...)(only gateway)

Irrelevant, SDF decrypts. Decrypt from both CIAs, copy the files from one to the other, restore the one you just copied over. Anything cart-based is not signed. I just extracted my save from my real Zelda OoT cart to GW (using CFW).

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gateway saves? Easy. Just use the SaveDataFiler trick (make sure it's installed on both devices).

First, connect the internal card from the old 3DS to your PC, rename the save to 000400000FF40A00.sav

Put the card back into your 3DS, and from Gateway mode, load the ROM the save is for, then run SDF.

Extract from the CTR Card (it should not say broken thanks to the rename) by hitting Y then A.

Now shut off the 3DS, take the 3DS internal card back out, and put it in your PC.

Copy the "filer" folder from your old 3DS's internal card to your PC, then remove it.

Pop the internal card from the N3DS into the reader, and copy the filer folder to it.

Put your N3DS card back into the N3DS, load the ROM the game is for from the select menu, then run SDF.

Go over to the SD tab on the right, select your backup, hold L and hit A, then A one more time to restore to CTR Card.

Now shut off the N3DS, take the N3DS internal card back out, and put it in your PC.

There should be a new save named "000400000FF40A00.sav", rename it to the actual cart ID, like the original save was.

Put the internal card back into the N3DS, boot into Gateway Mode, load your ROM from the menu and run it.

If all went well, your save should be there.

Now if you have a Sky3DS... I don't know. The problem is, there's no CFW for 9.2, and with Sky3DS mimicking a real cart, well, for the moment CFW is the only solution I know of that wouldn't cost money. Anything not using a 6.x key like Zelda OoT you could practically do in your sleep -- get save from real cart or by renaming GW save to "000400000FF40A00.sav", then put in the Sky3DS and restore to CTR Card while running PBT. It works, but anything with 6.x keys will throw a wrench in it.

You don't need to do all of this for a gw save, the gw mode still uses the old encryption, regardless your sysnand version. My pokemons saves (played on my old 4.X console) still work fine on the n3ds for example.

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends. You can use CFW on the Old 3DS with SDF installed to extract from the cart, but there's no way to copy back to it, so, you will have to dump any cart you wanted to use the save from to a .3DS file. But the GW has that capability, so, not a big deal if you're not some extreme moralist nutcase that won't even use the backup copy you're legally entitled to by law.

Oh, I didn't know that. I don't usually read about CFW stuff because installing things to sysnand is dangerous!

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that. I don't usually read about CFW stuff because installing things to sysnand is dangerous!

CFW has it's own EmuNAND, sometimes referred to as RedNAND. Someone who goes by the name of Ronhero put up a tutorial for having both on one card on Max. It just takes backing the card up, deleting the partition, then recreating it from the 2 GB mark instead of the 1 GB mark (using diskpart), then using something like bbcopy to copy the second NAND to the space, then copying everything back to the card. Well, it needs a modified boot.bin to know where to find it, but that's included, as are an MsetForBoss.dat and rop_multiloader.nds so you can switch which one loads via the blue card. I have that on my internal card too. Actually I did that first, then switched to PBT when I wasn't able to get DSiWare working on straight Palatine (I would prefer just having legit CIAs in SysNAND myself, especially with DSiWare tending to not stay in the folder when you're swapping memory cards around, ultimately had to give up on that and just move them over to the right to reduce the risk of tapping them accidentally with PBT not loaded).

I just prefer PBT because it can run DSiWare and BBM has the training wheels in place that prevent you from royally screwing things up if you aren't trying -- as long as you don't go messing with system CIAs, it's hard to mess anything up. Now using BRM with PBT would make it worthy of it's title -- Perfect Brick Tool alright. That thing gives access to everything (it's like running Linux as root, appropriate that it is red, just like root mode Krusader). Also, I use Gateway mode to install all this stuff I'm putting on SysNAND. I only use PBT to run it. All you have to do is change the first byte (i.e. when loaded as a Physical Disk in Hex Workshop) on the card and the launcher will think there's no EmuNAND. Then just change it back.

Keep in mind CFW is only for 4.5, so it's limited to older games, but most of the carts I want the saves off of just happen to use the old key, so, it works well for my needs. Er, well, I guess it would work with newer carts played in Classic mode on a 4.5 system, since those saves would be using the old key too.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to do all of this for a gw save, the gw mode still uses the old encryption, regardless your sysnand version. My pokemons saves (played on my old 4.X console) still work fine on the n3ds for example.

Ah, right, never mind. I remember reading they did that somewhere now that you mention it, for the sake of compatibility. So, your saves should be fine. The most recent red card update also has something built in for type 2 games like Pokemon as well I think. Someone said their Pokemon save issues went away shortly after that came out (apparently with type 2 it was an issue at one time). Sometimes it pays not to over-think these things.

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, right, never mind. I remember reading they did that somewhere now that you mention it, for the sake of compatibility. So, your saves should be fine. The most recent red card update also has something built in for type 2 games like Pokemon as well I think. Someone said their Pokemon save issues went away shortly after that came out (apparently with type 2 it was an issue at one time). Sometimes it pays not to over-think these things.

Yeah, they did it for the sake of compatability... at the expense of not being able to extract >6.0 retail saves ;_;

cimox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sry if i ask, i have a old 3ds fw4.5+GW with emunand fw9.2. With this i played for 200 and more hour with a original retail cartdrige monster hunt.4ulti. Now, i have a n3ds fw9.0+GW with emunand fw9.2. When i try to play with n3ds save os corrupted.
what i have to do?
with Gw i dump the cart and can play normally? Online too? Thanks a lot for any help... I'm desperate

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sry if i ask, i have a old 3ds fw4.5+GW with emunand fw9.2. With this i played for 200 and more hour with a original retail cartdrige monster hunt.4ulti. Now, i have a n3ds fw9.0+GW with emunand fw9.2. When i try to play with n3ds save os corrupted.
what i have to do?
with Gw i dump the cart and can play normally? Online too? Thanks a lot for any help... I'm desperate

1)° use search button on GBATEMP
2)° ?????????
3)° PROFIT !!1!1!1!1!1

hint:

dump your rom rename as 3DZ , dump your save rename 000400000FF40A00.sav

use sdf

then use the export file in your N3ds with NTR cfw with save plugin

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-...gion-free-cfw-on-jp-eu-us-aus-new-3ds.385142/

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savegame-manager-plugin-for-ntr-1-0-2-0.384865/

read carefully and it should work

cimox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1)° use search button on GBATEMP
2)° ?????????
3)° PROFIT !!1!1!1!1!1

thanks. I searched for hours in internet with a smartphone because I'm not at home this WE, write and search is quite difficult:D, and found in this page a sort of explanation to my same problem..until now I wasn't sure about what to looking for...yours link are hope:D

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i have to do?

Holy dead thread revival. Much has changed since I replied to this thread.

To get your original save, I recommend PBT and a CFW-friendly copy of SDF (can't help you find that, site rules and all). You may not need either if you dump the save with GW and it's 512K. I always get the 128K games so that route never works for me.

If MH4U is 512K though, you may just be able to dump the save and game, rename the dumped save to "0004000000126300.sav", rename the dumped game to something like "MH4U.3dz", copy the ROM to the red card's microSD, and have the save work when you load the ROM. In which case you can stop there (and just copy the save to the N3DS internal card), but if you're not wanting to use the game in ROM format, re-rename the save to "000400000FF40A00.sav", select your MH4U ROM from the multi-ROM menu, run SDF, and extract from the CTR Card option using Y then A.

If it's got one of those damn 128K saves instead, or that method just sounds overly complicated, run SDF in PBT. With the game cart inserted, go to CTR Card, and hit Y then A to extract.

At this point, you have several choices. Most of them involve transferring the "filer" folder from the old 3DS internal card to the N3DS internal card. So go ahead and do that.

You can dump the game as a ROM with GW software (you will have already done this if you used the alternate extraction method). If you want to use it online, rename it to .3dz extension. Then, with the ROM loaded from the menu, go into SDF, go to the SD tab, select the save, hold L and hit A, then hit A again, then close SDF, then on your PC rename "000400000FF40A00.sav" to "0004000000126300.sav" and the save should work.

Of course, you could always run MH4U as a CIA. And MH4U is one of those games for which a legit CIA exists. So, it can be run from SysNAND or EmuNAND. Thanks to the new NTR version spoof, you can even go into the eShop and get the 1.1 update on SysNAND. The procedure is the same, except with SysNAND you just boot GW mode to SysNAND and run BBM and SDF as ROMs. Either way, from the SD tab, select the save, hold R and hit A, then hit A again. The save should be there when you launch the game.

If you want to keep using the physical cart though, there's the save manager plugin for NTR. It doesn't quite use the same folder structure as SDF, but it uses the same decrypted files. All you have to do is go into your "filer\UserSaveData\<datetime>" folder (note that <datetime> is not the actual name of the folder, it will be a unique set of numbers containing the year, month, day, and exact time including micro seconds, that the folder was created). You should see another folder with the short title ID for the name ("00001263" in this case). Copy that folder to the root of the card, and rename it "save_<titleID>" (in this case "save_0004000000126300"). Now load NTR and start the game cart while holding R. You should see a green flash to let you know the save plugin is working. The game loading may be paused to restore the save, so, after a few seconds hit A. If the game still doesn't load just reboot. Your save should be there now.

Hope that helps.

D

Deleted-19228

Yeah, they did it for the sake of compatability... at the expense of not being able to extract >6.0 retail saves ;_;

Actually. On the o3ds if you run the exploit from the web browser instead of downgrading to 4.5 it still uses the NEW encryption so you could still import using the new keys.

Reactions: Arkansaw

cimox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Holy dead thread revival. Much has changed since I replied to this thread.

To get your original save, I recommend PBT and a CFW-friendly copy of SDF (can't help you find that, site rules and all). You may not need either if you dump the save with GW and it's 512K. I always get the 128K games so that route never works for me.

If MH4U is 512K though, you may just be able to dump the save and game, rename the dumped save to "0004000000126300.sav", rename the dumped game to something like "MH4U.3dz", copy the ROM to the red card's microSD, and have the save work when you load the ROM. In which case you can stop there (and just copy the save to the N3DS internal card), but if you're not wanting to use the game in ROM format, re-rename the save to "000400000FF40A00.sav", select your MH4U ROM from the multi-ROM menu, run SDF, and extract from the CTR Card option using Y then A.

You can dump the game as a ROM with GW software (you will have already done this if you used the alternate extraction method). If you want to use it online, rename it to .3dz extension. Then, with the ROM loaded from the menu, go into SDF, go to the SD tab, select the save, hold L and hit A, then hit A again, then close SDF, then on your PC rename "000400000FF40A00.sav" to "0004000000126300.sav" and the save should work.

I tried..but I failed...I installed blueMenu and SaveDataFiler on GW Emunand of 3ds...and n3ds..i installed them everywhere:D

..I made dumps with gateway, but SDF tells saves are broken...I tried both 3ds and n3ds...maybe I miss some point..

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried..but I failed...I installed blueMenu and SaveDataFiler on GW Emunand of 3ds...and n3ds..i installed them everywhere:D

..I made dumps with gateway, but SDF tells saves are broken...I tried both 3ds and n3ds...maybe I miss some point..

It helps to have a good understanding of how GW mode works. It redirects any game EEPROM calls and saves them to a file named <titleID>.sav basically (it does this blindly, and will create a 512K file for just about anything you run, BBM included). The game's title ID is "0004000000126300" so, if you just wanted to see if the dumped save works with the dumped ROM, you rename it to "0004000000126300.sav" and it should work with the ROM dumped and the extension named to .3dz, if the save is 512K. Since GW mode will always use the 4.x key, even on the N3DS, you could stop there, if that works.

However, if you want to use the save with SDF, SDF's title ID is 000400000FF40A00, so you have to rename your save to "000400000FF40A00.sav" for it to be loaded when SDF is run. And before you run SDF, you have to load the ROM from the multi-ROM menu so it's banner shows. With that done, then SDF can access both the ROM's header, and the correct save data, and "CTR Card" should not say "broken". So you should be able to dump the save at that point. Likewise, restoring a save from the right tab using L+A causes it to go to ""000400000FF40A00.sav" which then has to be renamed to the ROM's title ID. Keep in mind, a cart save dumped by GW will only work by renaming if it is 512K. If it's 128K, you must use PBT.

If you do need to use PBT, you can still install BBM and SDF to SysNAND using GW mode by disabling EmuNAND. Simply use a hex editor to edit your card as a physical disk, not a logical drive. "GATEWAYNAND" will be the first characters, and it will say something about being a dummy sector, if you get it right. You'll get some other characters then "MSDOS5" then "GATEWAYNANDFAT32" much further down if you pick logic drive by mistake. So, when you have the right one showing, change the "G" to something else and save. This will prevent the launcher from finding EmuNAND. Install BBM and SDF in GW mode, then put the "G" back so you don't forget later.

If you need to use the PBT method, first get PBT here. You'll need the Palantine CFW and ROP Multiloader found here to make it work, and get it to run alongside Gateway software. Extract the ROP Multiloader and place the .nds file on your blue card. Extract the Palantine Firmware and go into the "SD Card" folder. Rename "Launcher.dat" to "MsetForBoss.dat", then copy that, "arm9_code.bin" and "arm11_code.bin" to the root of your SD card. Then extract PBT and copy the "boot.bin" to your SD card. Now, boot your blue card, run rop_multiloader, select the third option (the first will re-enable booting the GW launcher). Now the DS profile exploit will attempt to boot PBT. It doesn't always work. Usually if you get a white flash on the bottom screen it will load. If not, shut it off and try again.

Once you have PBT loaded, just run SDF with your cart inserted and "CTR Card" should be available. Once the save is decrypted, it's a matter of personal preference how you want to run the game (only the Smash Bros. CIA tends to cause issues importing saves... until you figure out what that R+X option on SDF's left tab is for ;) ). How you get a working 1.1 update will depend on your choice, though. If you want to use the physical cart, or legit CIA from SysNAND, you use the NTR version spoof to download the 1.1 update from the eShop straight to SysNAND. If you decide to run the ROM or CIA from EmuNAND, you install the update in CIA format. Neither is complicated. Just something to be aware of.

cimox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It helps to have a good understanding of how GW mode works. It redirects any game EEPROM calls and saves them to a file named <titleID>.sav basically (it does this blindly, and will create a 512K file for just about anything you run, BBM included). The game's title ID is "0004000000126300" so, if you just wanted to see if the dumped save works with the dumped ROM, you rename it to "0004000000126300.sav" and it should work with the ROM dumped and the extension named to .3dz, if the save is 512K. Since GW mode will always use the 4.x key, even on the N3DS, you could stop there, if that works.

However, if you want to use the save with SDF, SDF's title ID is 000400000FF40A00, so you have to rename your save to "000400000FF40A00.sav" for it to be loaded when SDF is run. And before you run SDF, you have to load the ROM from the multi-ROM menu so it's banner shows. With that done, then SDF can access both the ROM's header, and the correct save data, and "CTR Card" should not say "broken". So you should be able to dump the save at that point. Likewise, restoring a save from the right tab using L+A causes it to go to ""000400000FF40A00.sav" which then has to be renamed to the ROM's title ID. Keep in mind, a cart save dumped by GW will only work by renaming if it is 512K. If it's 128K, you must use PBT.

Ok..Thanks very much..finally I got some result:D

I think one of my problems was that my game is EUR..so the id is 0004000000126100 and not 0004000000126300 XD You ambushed me XD

I take gateway save, but didn't work.
I use SDF, rename, import, export, etc etc.. and WORKS!!! I imported and exported extdata 1261 too...Are there others ext data I can import??? (I miss others hunters' guild cards..but I think they are on old SD.. I remembered extdata 1261 from a post in this forum..but I'cant find it now...)

Now, my situation is:

new3dsxl sysnand 9.0 + GW & Emunand 9.2 boot with ninjhack.
- retail dumped 3dz mh4u EUR
- for play I enter in GW mode and choose the rom from multiROM menu
- the save is a file .sav on sd

1) Now for get the patch I have to looking for in internet, and will I find a .cia file? have I to use bluemenu in emunand like I did with SavedataFiler.cia? Or the .cia I found in internet isn't good for online..and have I to patch it with some complicated method?

2) .Can i play online normally right? my dump has header..it's mine, and I'll never share it..

3) Could I stop here and live happy?

...but now I'd like to use the max potential of GW, CFW etc etc (till now I used to think GW and sky3ds was all the hack world..emunand the only CWF...but I discovered homebrews, more CFWs and other stuffs...)

4) Install BPT seems very complicated...and do Palantine CWF works on n3ds? but do i need it? With procedure of BPT do I convert the save encryp in 6.x?

5) I like the idea to use NTR to connect to eshop..but I don't understood how install it for co-live with emunand and GW...have I to change the save of cubic ninja (now for GW boot), for install NTR boot?

If you want to keep using the physical cart though, there's the save manager plugin for NTR. It doesn't quite use the same folder structure as SDF, but it uses the same decrypted files. All you have to do is go into your "filer\UserSaveData\<datetime>" folder (note that <datetime> is not the actual name of the folder, it will be a unique set of numbers containing the year, month, day, and exact time including micro seconds, that the folder was created). You should see another folder with the short title ID for the name ("00001263" in this case). Copy that folder to the root of the card, and rename it "save_<titleID>" (in this case "save_0004000000126300"). Now load NTR and start the game cart while holding R. You should see a green flash to let you know the save plugin is working. The game loading may be paused to restore the save, so, after a few seconds hit A. If the game still doesn't load just reboot. Your save should be there now.

..can I use this procedure to use original cart if i'd like to use phisical cart? No need of Palantine and BPT?

Thanks a lot for the big help... Very kind and very patient

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.