Any tricks for MiniSDs?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gaisuto, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    My only way at the moment to change the ROMs onto the M3 I have is to use the MiniSD to SD Adapter in my friend's SD slot in his computer. I checked my house and the only SD thing I have is my mom's printer, which as far as I can tell I can't use the Gamemanager with it.

Any tricks I could use so I could though, so I don't have to go out and buy something?

2. Brouhaha

Brouhaha GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2005
    Canada
    Oz
  3. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    That's not what I asked. If I asked for the cheapest place to get something, I would of. I asked if there was a trick so I could use what I already have.

4. Darkforce

Darkforce DERP!

Former Staff
    Nov 5, 2002
    UK
    Well it depends how your printers SD port works. Since the port is there so you can use the printer standalone without a PC, I doubt you'd be able to use the port as a general card reader for the PC, but heck it might work. Try plugging the card in or reading the printer manual >_>.

And even if it does work, it's gonna be a bit of hassle and might not be all that fast... I really recommend you just buy a card reader lol... they cost hardly anything.

[​IMG]

5. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    You should've gotten EZ4, it comes with a card reader.

6. rezen

rezen GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2005
    I had a mate who had to use his printer before he bought a reader...

The card reader on the printer should come up in Windows Explorer as a seperate drive...

7. TheVirus

TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2006
    Uganda
    The printer should work fine. If you turn the PC on, it should have several drives listed in My Computer, these are the various slots. I have a printer with a memory card reader and it works fine. Give it a whirl.

8. Gaisuto
    OP

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    There's a reason why I'm not buying a simple $8 or so thing. I'm going to try it with the printer first, but if I can't get it then I'll go out and buy the thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice