Any tool to download game updates?

Lexio36

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nope there is not a program where you can find updates for fpkg games. There is a program where you can download official updates but we can not use it on a fpkg without the passcode.

jebediah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope there is not a program where you can find updates for fpkg games. There is a program where you can download official updates but we can not use it on a fpkg without the passcode.
I'm actually looking for a way to install an update on a legit game disc, so I don't need to download and install the huge base game as fpkg. So I'm guessing I will need a program to download the official update, and then some other tools to apply it. Can you point me to the first program?

eemcm2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm actually looking for a way to install an update on a legit game disc, so I don't need to download and install the huge base game as fpkg. So I'm guessing I will need a program to download the official update, and then some other tools to apply it. Can you point me to the first program?

for original games just download the update from orbispatches 👍

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://orbispatches.com/en/homebrew

Rat.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can actually convert your retail game disks into fpkgs and since you have the official disk and can get the latest patches, you should also be able to convert the updates to FPKGs, allowing you to get newer updates than are available easily

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though it's better to dl the fpkgs on pc cause iirc the ps4 lan is slower than most modern pc lan even the ps3 had that issue with that package hb and the official way through psn, my isp speed can reach 5-7 mbps (on lan/5ghz) ps3 always capped at 3mbps and idt the ps4 faired any better and some updates ayk are huge far cry 6 is like 50 gb also i don't think that homebrew utalizes rest mode so you could easily burn up your ps4 running it to dl an update for 10 hours straight

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
though it's better to dl the fpkgs on pc cause iirc the ps4 lan is slower than most modern pc lan even the ps3 had that issue with that package hb and the official way through psn, my isp speed can reach 5-7 mbps (on lan/5ghz) ps3 always capped at 3mbps and idt the ps4 faired any better and some updates ayk are huge far cary 6 is like 50 gb
This is not for FPKGs.

komabear

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
tbh I would be more interested in an app that stops the game from updating automatically.. updates take so much space

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the way I understand it UNLIKE the ps3 where you could download the PKG files directly from the Sony servers and patch them, that is NOT possible for Ps4 correct? Someone needs to create a FPKG off of their legit version right?

Geesehoward79

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So the way I understand it UNLIKE the ps3 where you could download the PKG files directly from the Sony servers and patch them, that is NOT possible for Ps4 correct? Someone needs to create a FPKG off of their legit version right?
You need PKG passcode

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. you're basically resigning the games as free, which is what "fixes" were on the ps3. that's why all ps3 game fixes' updates had to be fixed as well, because you can't do anything on either system without the licenses.

Reactions: komabear

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.