Any Title Deleter Problem (Out of the blue?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Ergo, May 6, 2009.

May 6, 2009
  1. Ergo
    OP

    Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2008
    Messages:
    614
    Country:
    United States
    OK, so I went into ATD today to make some changes and, lo and behold, I'm now getting a -1 error and ATD telling me it can't pull any of the required channel info no matter which option I pick. Everything else still works fine: WAD Manager (installed/uninstalled some wads to make sure), USB Loader, FTPii, blahblahblah, and I can't figure out why, all of a sudden, I'm getting an error that would seem to imply (my guess) that the IOS it needed to perform this function suddenly has issues? And, if that is the case, that it isn't affecting anything else? I haven't made any changes in quite a while (only installed a wad here or there) so I'm stumped.

    I did a few searches but nothing really came up that sounds like it's in the same ballpark as what I'm experiencing, so any insight would be much appreciated.

    (And I also tried a few different flavors of ATD, but they all come back w/ the same error.)
     
  2. noobwarrior7

    Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1,594
    Location:
    USA
    Country:
    United States
    its likely you have too many installed titles, possibly >256
    which means you would need a ATD that would handle 512 or more.
    WiiCrazy produced such a dol at one point, you can find it, I wont bother finding it for you. It was in a thread where djdynamite had your problem.
     
  3. wiiNinja

    Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    Messages:
    376
    Country:
    United States
    Ergo,

    Do you have brick protection like Preloader?
    I managed to build a version of AnyTitleDeleterDB v1.0.3 with a maximum of 552 titles. I'm not near my Wii right now to test, but if you're willing to try it, PM me and I'll send you the link to that .dol. The only thing I changed from the original code is to double the original maximum number of titles.
     
  4. Ergo
    OP

    Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2008
    Messages:
    614
    Country:
    United States
    OK, I ran anytitlelister from that djdynamite thread and it came back with 268 titles (!!)--that's what I get for being the test bed for about a billion custom VC injects [​IMG]

    Anyway, the ATD on that thread (also set to recover up to 512) also returns error -1, so I guess I'd be willing to take a chance on yours wiiNinja--I'll PM you in a few.

    thanks guys.

    Edit; nvm, easy fix--I just went through the Wii's save manager and deleted a bunch of saves and it's back to working A-OK [​IMG] Thanks again for the input!
     
  5. fiddlefaddle22

    Member fiddlefaddle22 GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2008
    Messages:
    201
    Country:
    United Kingdom
  6. wiiNinja

    Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    Messages:
    376
    Country:
    United States
    I've since tried my build on my Wii and seems to work. But I don't have 268+ titles so cannot verify if I have the error that you are having. Here are both the dol and the modified source:

    DOL only: http://www.mediafire.com/file/k2l33ozyyzt/...x552.Titles.dol
    DOL and source: http://www.mediafire.com/file/nlznwzenmk1/...x552.Titles.rar

    Here's the wiki where I got the original source:

    http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter_DB

    Here you'll find the "database.txt" you need for the title names to show.
     
  7. Ergo
    OP

    Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2008
    Messages:
    614
    Country:
    United States
    Well, I don't have them anymore, either, since I deleted about 80 of them (which, as I noted above, solved the problem) but it would be great to know if this works for someone else.
     

Share This Page