Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
So I got Heroes of Newerth about a week ago, so I'm not so good at it.
tongue.gif

For some reason I always find myself a couple of levels under others and much lower attack, and stuff...
frown.gif

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't play HoN, but I'm highly addicted to LoL atm.

The most important part of the early game is to lasthit minions/creeps. You will gain a lot more gold than you would if you would only autoattack. This is probably your problem. It's important.

It's called last-hitting, it's easier to learn with ranged chars or with champions with lasthitting abilities. (I don't know if there are any in HoN, but for example annie in LoL has an ability that if she kills the unit with that ability she gains her mana back. Allowing for really easy lasthitting)

Good luck
tongue.gif

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
try looking into some dota guides for items, i only played HoN on beta period but it looks very almost like DOTA, w/ better graphics(but sometimes confusing) and w/o the orb effects on items.

also, besides the last-hitting, always buy something that'll help you regen hp at the start to avoid making trips back to the well, while you're walking back and forth, you're enemy is leveling up. however, it's not always smart to buy consumables, for some heroes you can buy an item instead.

if your hero uses a lot of skills, buy at least one or two consumables for mana regen, but what like what i said above, for some heroes, it's better to buy an item instead of consumables.

and boots for movement speed doesn't always come first. invest on other items that'll ensure you'll survive/win a clash. buy boots at lvl 5-7, or if you really need to run you can buy it earlier.

also easier to understand: http://www.honplayer.com/beginners-guide/short-version

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saken said:
Play dota.
Problem solved.

As someone who has barely played HoN or LoL but played the fuck out of DotA (my favorite of the three), I really don't see DotA solving anything for OP. It's definitely not easier to get into (and consensus seems to be that both HoN and LoL are actually the ones that are easier to get into) and it doesn't have the great side-mechanics such as reconnecting seen in HoN and LoL.

Furthermore, the Scandinavian DotA community which OP would optimally be playing with (Scandinavia previously having been the European region with the most players) has pretty much ceased to exist. Last summer it was still active, now everyone seems to finally have moved to HoN or LoL.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, thanks for all your replies!
biggrin.gif

I definitely think that one of the problems is that I go back up to get health and stuff in the beginning, leaving my enemies to level up and get gold.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.