Hacking Any thread for beginners to DSL flash carts?

mjgunn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read around, and it looks like the G6 Lite is the cart to buy for the DS Lite. I've had carts for the GBA, easy enough to use, but for the DS, I've seen talk of needing a seperate card (passcards, etc), and/or flashing the DS firmware. Anywhere on these forums that have a quick explanation of all this, and if not, could someone give a quick explanation? Would a G6 Lite, and a Passcard 3 be enough to play games (including online games), or do have I have to do anything else, like flashing the DS firmware?

BenDiesel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6 and Passcard is enough. You'll only need to flash if you dont want to deal with keeping the passcard in your ds!

Your best bet is just to read around the different boards.. It might be overwhelming at first, but it should click

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
passcard/max media lite= 20-30$. passme's let you run arbitrary code from your gba flash cart. flashme is an alternative firmware for ds. it removes security checks i believe. which makes it possible to run roms/homebrew without a passme. using a flashcart compatible with ds roms is just as simple as using a gba flashcart. personally i use flashme because i can hold an extra game that i own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.