Any thread for beginners to DSL flash carts?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by mjgunn, Jul 28, 2006.

Jul 28, 2006
  1. mjgunn
    OP

Newcomer mjgunn Member

United States
    I've read around, and it looks like the G6 Lite is the cart to buy for the DS Lite. I've had carts for the GBA, easy enough to use, but for the DS, I've seen talk of needing a seperate card (passcards, etc), and/or flashing the DS firmware. Anywhere on these forums that have a quick explanation of all this, and if not, could someone give a quick explanation? Would a G6 Lite, and a Passcard 3 be enough to play games (including online games), or do have I have to do anything else, like flashing the DS firmware?

2. BenDiesel

Newcomer BenDiesel Member

United States
    G6 and Passcard is enough. You'll only need to flash if you dont want to deal with keeping the passcard in your ds!

Your best bet is just to read around the different boards.. It might be overwhelming at first, but it should click

3. XxMxVxPxX

Member XxMxVxPxX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    passcard/max media lite= 20-30$. passme's let you run arbitrary code from your gba flash cart. flashme is an alternative firmware for ds. it removes security checks i believe. which makes it possible to run roms/homebrew without a passme. using a flashcart compatible with ds roms is just as simple as using a gba flashcart. personally i use flashme because i can hold an extra game that i own.

4. junfeng85

Newcomer junfeng85 Member

Singapore
    REad the wiki @ wiki.pocketheaven.com there are alot of answer in there. Help me alot.