Any thoughts on Binding of Isaac N3DS porting?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ParadoxDelta, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ParadoxDelta
    OP

ParadoxDelta Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2015
    Italy
    So, I've been playing Isaac on Pc for a long time, and I was thinking of buying it for the N3DS as it comes out (end of the month for us Europeans); would the people who have already played it on the N3DS recommend it, or should I just keep playing it on the pc because of usual porting issues/bugs (or other issues, like the screen being too small for a game like this)? Thanks a lot!

2. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    At this point most of the critical bugs have been fixed and to be honest the low-res pixel graphics look better on the N3DS's screen. Also, having the map and other info on the bottom screen is nice. If you don't mind double-dipping I'd say it's a worthy investment. Granted my opinion of this is based on the N3DS XL. If you just have the regular model then the screen size might be an issue. Maybe someone else here can chime in on this?

ParadoxDelta likes this.
  3. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I haven't played it on any other platform, but I've played it tons on my n3ds (regular size) and loved it, the screen size works perfectly.

ParadoxDelta likes this.
  4. ParadoxDelta
    OP

ParadoxDelta Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2015
    Italy
    Oh sorry, I forgot to mention I own the N3DS XL , and kudos for your profile pic!

Thanks to both of you, I think I'm definitely buyin' Isaac as soon as it spawns on the Eshop :D

5. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Off-topic here, but am I the only one who thinks this game would run on O3DS?

6. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I have 40+ eShop title and this game is one of my favorite.

Pip'

ParadoxDelta likes this.
  7. TheZoroark007

TheZoroark007 MK7 CT creator

Apr 2, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Lake Constance
    Yes, my thoughts are Only 9 more days until I can play it (at least if it isn't like 1001 spikes which never got released in germany for whatever reason)

8. Arseface_TM

Arseface_TM Board Game Dev

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    I think some people installed it with cfw magic or something but it ran like ass.

I wouldn't know, I don't have access to kernel sorcery or a P3DS.

9. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    I ran it on my n3ds with the clock speed/cache settings that made it run how it would on an o3ds. It ran really, really badly - half speed at best, varying to a lot slower, the sound was all broken up, definitely not worth bothering with.

10. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Well, of course it will run like ass, because it wasn't optimized. But Rebirth isn't that really beautiful to not be able to run on O3DS, a port would be easy as duck.

11. Arseface_TM

Arseface_TM Board Game Dev

Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    The BoI games aren't even optimized that well for low end desktops, I'm surprised they could port it to the 3DS at all.

Just because a game uses blocky sprites doesn't mean nothing is going on under the hood.

12. Pacheko17

Pacheko17 かっこい男の子

Jan 31, 2015
    Brazil
    Southern Confederation
    Only the first BoI was shittly optimized, Rebirth ran on my Pentium 4 with no problems. It is possible to port it to O3DS, I'm 100% sure.
    If I ever learn to code I'll try doing it myself.

13. andremario81

andremario81 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    Chicago, Illinois
    I am abt 2hrs in and loving it so far! It's very addictive.

14. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    Binding of Isaac has issues on the Vita frameratewise, I'm not sure why people think it'd do well on the O3DS.