Hacking Any Suggestions for Doing a XCGPU Reflow Without Removing Modchips?

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Xbox 360 Slim is needing a reflow due to the XCGPU causing freezing/distortion problems. The reason I haven't done the reflow is that I have modchips installed on the board that I think would need to be uninstalled first. I have the TX Demon and CR4 installed and really do not want to go through the effort of getting them removed first.

I was wondering if I would be okay just removing any wires that are installed with the chips, since they are more likely to have issues with the heat during a reflow? I am also worried about the small plastic pieces on the chips themselves.

Would I be able to cover up the chips with some type of heat resistant material or foil to protect them during the process of reflowing? I don't really use the Xbox and haven't in the last 8 months due to this. It has been in pieces since I diagnosed the problem. I a haven't been motivated to go through all the effort to fix it but I would really like to get it back together and working.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: Crap, just realized that I posted this in the wrong section. Could I have a mod move this over to the hardware section for the 360?

Last edited by atkfromabove,

atkfromabove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not worth it, cheaper to get another box done.
Any suggestions if I was to just try and reflow it with a heatgun? I understand I should have equipment and do it properly but like you said it's not worth paying to get it fixed. If it breaks more it doesn't matter since it'll be in the same position it is in now.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reballing it shouldn't cost more then 100 quid.
See if there's a local console repair shop or even an electronics repair shop that might offer it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)