Any success with d2pro v3 with v4c clip?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rice923, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008
  1. Rice923
    OP

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was searching the wii chip retail sticky, but it's quite cluttered with random comments. I've found one feedback conerning the d2pro with presoldered clip, but he enver replied after receiving the clip.

So, does anyone have success/failure stories concerning the d2pro9 v3 with v4c wiiclip presoldered? I want to know this for both d2b (cut pins) and d2e drives. I plan to purchase them from modchipcentral, which seems quite popular. Any feedback would be helpful.

2. i ordered a d2pro9 v3 with the v4c wii-clip presoldered a couple of weeks ago from modchipcentral and just got it last week (a flat ribbon cable was included as well). installation was pretty straight forward, and it works fine on my wii and gc backups. i have a d2c2 chip with the pins still intact. u might want to check the authenticity of the wii-clip before installing it just in case. i forgot to check mine, but it's been working great so far.

3. Rice923
    OP

Member Rice923 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'll make sure to check them when it comes. Does the package come with installation instructions or did you have to find them on your own?

Anybody else have feedback on presoldered d2pro?

4. there weren't any instructions included in the package. the d2pro9 chip and wii-clip were sealed inside a separate plastic packaging from the flat ribbon cable (and triwing screwdriver). i just went to the wii-clip site and looked at the installation instructions there. it was pretty straight forward.