Hacking any software for the x-rom that works in 64-bit windows?

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haven't used this thing in forever and decided I wanted to put a bunch of NES roms on there...the only problem is that the x-rom software (Littlewriter) doesn't work in 64-bit windows (xp, vista, or 7), and i wouldn't even know where to look if they updated it. it says "dlportio.sys not loaded" and so it doesn't detect the flashcart, even with the drivers installed. I looked around in Google, and it seems that getting this dlportio.sys thing working is just not really possible.

so, anybody know if there's any alternative software or some way around this? i figured if any place knew it would be here.

thanks in advance

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
All driver based gba flashcarts are for Windows XP SP2 and lower. There are NO 64 bit drivers for any of them.

Some pure NOR only flashcarts work in VirtualBox/VM/etc if you pass the USB id to the guest system at the right time when you install the drivers. Those with dual NOR and NAND don't work under a guest system.

If you have a flashcart that uses the P25 port, the drivers will not work.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It does work in Virtualbox:
xp_mode.png

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cool, thank you.

i tried out the software, but it was a little intimidating with the creating virtual hard drives and stuff (I use my computer for live performances, don't feel comfortable messing with stuff like that too much), so i might just accept my fate, I dunno...

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is your X-rom holding up? Mine is operating fine since X-Mas of 2005. I heard that the battery is only good for 7 years. That has me worried a little.

concealed identi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mine is working fine at the moment. does the battery manage the saves or the memory?

if your battery dies, you can just get a new one though. it doesn't look like it's soldered, and you can get those batteries almost anywhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded