Homebrew Any softmods for 1.3 U DSi?

someone777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently rediscovered my DSi after years of being forgotten. I started to wonder if there was anything useful I could do with it but I'm having trouble finding any real answers.

I tried looking around and I know that most mods involve a copy of Sudoku that hasn't been patched. I'm just wondering what my options are for modding my DSi, if there are any. I did manage to find a copy of the unpatched EA Sudoku NDS file but I have no idea what I can do with it. I couldn't even find a copy of sudokuhax.

If there are no softmods, what hard mods are available to me? I think I read somewhere that I might be able to mod it with a flashcart but I have no idea what the different flashcarts can do. I did notice the thread about the TWLTool but I'm hoping for something a little easier and/or less invasive.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your only option is a DS flashcard with the DS firmware (called firmware.nds) on it.
If you run the DS firmware on a DSi, you can change the language of DS-mode games in firmware settings.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well.
Since the eShop is now officially closed, you can't get any DSi exploits anymore.

Your only hope is someone backporting soundhax to DSi (idk if it's possible but read something that it was similar) or someone creating an entirely new exploit on the DSi.

Hardmod doesn't help much either except encrypting and decrypting the NAND if you dumped your CID with The biggest loser exploit.

someone777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping to have something more useful to do with it but thanks for the info, both of you.

The whole thing seems really pointless, since I have a DS Lite with a flashcard and the GBA addon and a N3DS that I'm about to mod. The only thing the DSi had going for it was the shop content and, from what I can tell, I can play all of that on the N3DS anyways. After all this time, the only good that came from my DSi was the charger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.