Any signs of bootleg on these? (FF eBay listing)

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Codename PUMA, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Codename PUMA
    OP

Codename PUMA Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2014
    Heya. A listing showed up for 4 Final Fantasy GBA games last night while browsing eBay and by all means they look real to me, but I have that "GBA Uncertainty" every time I see a game worth getting. Note I haven't bought these, but will if every evidence shows they're legit. I've contacted the seller with no response yet but I figure why not get as many opinions as possible.

Everything appears in order. The Nintendo, Square-Enix, Nintendo seal and ESRB logos look like they should (to me, anyway - this lack of confidence is why I'm asking), the codes are correct, and I even see the number indentation on 3 of the 4 games (there's a 13 or 15 to the top-right of the V on FF V, a 20 between the II and "Souls" on Dawn of Souls, a 30 or 50 or something a bit above the Seal on FF IV, but I can't see anything on FF VI. Maaaaaybe a 1 on the top-right of the seal of quality). I'm no good at spotting the bootleg "Gameboy Advance" above the label, if they look obviously different to real cartidges here.

Photos (I think they get bigger if you click on them):

Dawn of Souls
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    FF IV
    FF V
    FF VI

All 4

Thanks in ADVANCE (hyuck hyuck) for any help.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    Does the seller have pictures of the back of the carts at all?

3. Codename PUMA
    OP

Newcomer
    May 7, 2014
    No, I wish they did. If I get a response from them and they aren't sure of the legitimacy I might ask for one.

4. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Everything seems to check out but the best would be to get the seller to open them up and take pictures of the PCB.
    Everything else is good though, and if you see the indentations in the stickers that's good, and everything else looks the same as legit ones. The "GAMEBOY ADVANCE" at the top also seems to be fine, but we might need better pictures to really be able to tell for sure (it's pretty obvious how crude the "GAMEBOY ADVANCE" logo at the top looks on most bootlegs.)

5. Codename PUMA
    OP

Newcomer
    May 7, 2014
    Yeah I'd love to see inside them. I figure if the seller says they're real and then they turn out to be fake when I open them myself, I can at least have some kind of claim. And being GBA games if I have to pay for postage it shouldn't cost much.