Hardware Any rxTools-to-Luma3DS transitioners out here?

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
OP
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
May I take a look at your micro-SD Card's root folder contents?

I'm transitioning from rxTools (bootable via MSET) to Luma3DS for the first time and was struggling to make Luma3DS boot wafter following the right steps as dictated for it.

I'm thinking there is a rxTools remnant that may be in conflict with it.

As such, I would like to take a look at someone's micro-SD Card root folder contents to know which files I should remove from it.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
OP
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Here's my MMC's contents after replacing files for Luma3DS.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here's how it is now after trimming on it.

Note: I had the files placed in the "rxTools Backup" folder instead of deleting them altogether.

Anyone noticed anything wrong in the picture? I'm open for solutions on this.

Attachments

• O3DS XL MMC.JPG
    O3DS XL MMC.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 182
  • O3DS XL MMC_1.JPG
    O3DS XL MMC_1.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 219

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know you have a "edit" bottom for something, right?
Do a backup, delete everything on your SD and follow this guide. Also, knowing that you are using a emunand, I recomend you to back it up at first, and then use that backup once you need to restore your nand (you'll know when if you pay atention while following the guide).
We'll answer you any question about the process, so just be patient.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
OP
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Starting from scratch is not that easy. I might as well know first what's causing the problem. Here's to hoping that someone who made a successful transition from rxTools to Luma3DS via MSET route would show his/her memory card's root folder contents.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting from scratch is not that easy. I might as well know first what's causing the problem. Here's to hoping that someone who made a successful transition from rxTools to Luma3DS via MSET route would show his/her memory card's root folder contents.
Everyone that go from MSET RxTools to Luma, don't use MSET. ARM9LH is much better, and it's even faster to start. And I'd even say it's easier to install xD And yes, it's VERY easy to do it from scratch.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
OP
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Nobody uses MSET anymore.
Does this mean that Luma3DS 6.6 is no longer bootable via MSET?

Everyone that go from MSET RxTools to Luma, don't use MSET. ARM9LH is much better, and it's even faster to start. And I'd even say it's easier to install xD And yes, it's VERY easy to do it from scratch.
The reason I'm actually opting for the MSET route is to stray from ARM9LH. The last time I considered opting for earlier builds of Luma3DS, I was dejected by the tediousness involved in the installation of A9LH.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm taking baby steps here. I'd like to opt for MSET route first and then consider later on in opting for A9LH.
Afaik, you'd need to update the ROP of the MSET with Luma.nds (using a flashcard). Then, just using the correct file should start the CFW and the emunand. But I still don't recomend it to you (and nobody will).

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
OP
Trophies
Website
www.bit.ly
XP
Country
Philippines
Afaik, you'd need to update the ROP of the MSET with Luma.nds (using a flashcard). Then, just using the correct file should start the CFW and the emunand. But I still don't recomend it to you (and nobody will).
May I know why people are no longer opting for the MSET route with Luma3DS apart from it labelled "obsolete?"

Should I consider opting for Luma3DS + A9LH, is there a required minimum firmware for me to do so? My O3DS XL is currently at 8.1.0-19U.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I know why people are no longer opting for the MSET route with Luma3DS apart from it labelled "obsolete?"
Just that, it's obsolete. This meaning, people don't need to use emunand, don't take more than a minute to start playing, have protection from bricks...
MSET is, imo, the worst way to use a CFW on 3DS. Even menuhax is better, and I'd still tell you to upgrade to A9LH if you had it.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, back to this question: "Should I consider opting for Luma3DS + A9LH, is there a required minimum firmware for me to do so?"
11.2. If your sysnand is not in 11.3 then you can install A9LH. But again, you can see it in the guide I let you upper.
I hardly recomend you to first read the guide from where you are so you can see how easy it can be, and then ask us what you need and do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol