Gaming Any Runescape kind of games on DS. Or very good RPG game?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get a RPG game on DS. I don't really like the ones with Story's. Is there any that are like Runescape does not have to be online. And like you just do quests and thats it. I want one that your like a night or magician and you get to pick a job you want and then your going to be that person. And you level up when you kill people and stuff like that you buy new swords, staffs, armor. I don't really like the Final Fantasy games as they have story lines that you have to think on.

I could also want to get a Rpg/Action game that maybe has a story line that is not confusing or you like straight forward. And you can link up with someone else that has the game and be like in a party with them.

Or is there any games like Maplestory?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um can you tell me a little more about RAGNAROK DS? Does it have a story? Can it be played multipalyer? Does it have Wifi? What do you do. Does it have cartoony characters?

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jakob95 said:
I want to get a RPG game on DS. I don't really like the ones with Story's. Is there any that are like Runescape does not have to be online. And like you just do quests and thats it. I want one that your like a night or magician and you get to pick a job you want and then your going to be that person. And you level up when you kill people and stuff like that you buy new swords, staffs, armor. I don't really like the Final Fantasy games as they have story lines that you have to think on.

I could also want to get a Rpg/Action game that maybe has a story line that is not confusing or you like straight forward. And you can link up with someone else that has the game and be like in a party with them.

Or is there any games like Maplestory?

I think I know what you'd like: Dungeon Explorer, Warriors of Ancient Arts.
It's 3D, has a little story (but nothing much), has wi-fi, and pretty much is more about killing things than thinking.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
As far as being a person that use to play RS; there's no such game that has its value as far as work and dedication.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
actually, your request contradicts itself a bit.
an RPG can pretty much only be called an RPG because it has some kind of story.(with the exception of some cheap/incomplete MMORPG's)

closest thing i can think of tough is soma bringer.
it's a dungeon crawler/action rpg that does have a story, but not really any puzzles.
you pick a character(8 choices), and a job, and then you can play with either 2 AI characters or 2 other people nearby.
it has a lot of equipment available(tough you can only see changes in the looks of weapons)
also a lot of skills to learn.

and main gameplay is hacking into monsters in realtime while running from map to map untill you find a storyline trigger.
also, your current goal is shown in a questlog.

it's in japanese but there's also a fan-translation available which translates everything except some parts of background information which most people won't look at anyway.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one is the best out of these. Soma bringer, Ragnorok DS,Dungeon Explorer? Which one is the closest to Runescape? I don't really like the controlls of fighting in Dungeon Explorer.

death123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.videogamelagoon.com
XP
Country
Canada
harjaz said:
RAGNAROK DS!
Tons of classes and skills, equips, stats, etc. You need to patch the Japanese ROM though.

guys i have a question

I heard this game was going to be online.
Is this online?
also where do you get the english dubb patch for the Jap Version?

TwinBlades

Trophies
XP
Country
How about Final Fantasy CC : Echoes, it has wifi (play up to 4 people and you can do quests such as gladiator which is basically PvP or do the game missions with your friends or anyone around the world). Make sure you link up with someone near you though or the game will DELAY a lot.

The Executor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
death123 said:
harjaz said:
RAGNAROK DS!
Tons of classes and skills, equips, stats, etc. You need to patch the Japanese ROM though.

guys i have a question

I heard this game was going to be online.
Is this online?
also where do you get the english dubb patch for the Jap Version?
nah it's not going to be online but it does have wifi so u can play with a few people but it's not like original Ragnarok
and heres the patch http://ragnarokds.co.cc/

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess still not sure though. Out of both of them which has the best controlls? Gameplay? Graphics and do they look realistic? Items, World, More straight forward.

EDIT: Also me and my cuzin want to get a game that we can play multiplayer on. Which game has more features of Multiplayer and Wifi? Can we partner up and fight people and stuff?

MrDillDough

Trophies
XP
Country
Just asking because it was brought up, but does anyone know when the Maplestory for DS will be released in Australia?
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: