Hacking Any RTC patches or fixes for Emerald using EZ Flash 4?

• Thread starter scottg1234
  • Start date
  • Views 19,664
  • Replies 9
S

scottg1234

Hi,

Sorry to ask this question lol, but I found nothing after googling.

Someone posted one to help me out in a general type thread, but I think it was for rom and emulator, not ez flash iv.

Is there anyway I can get RTC on Emerald?

Also, which patches do you guys recommend for Ruby 1.1 and Sapphire 1.1?

http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm has a RTC patch function which is the one I tend to suggest for ruby and sapphire though the bubbz ones should work too.

Can I get a link to that emulator fix -- so far I do not think I have ever seen an emulator only GBA hack and as such it might well work in this case (RTC fixes tended not to be cart specific). I saw some things on various pokemon hacking forums but as pokemon bores me and there are better games like it on the GBA (basically all of the alternatives for me) I have not bothered to really follow it up or fix the game myself.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I ported the gbata Ruby/Sapphire patch to Emerald some time ago(EDIT: Wow, just over a year ago. Time sure does fly):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8i0uzs2bd99u7l8/Emerald_Clock_v2.zip

It's the 'Emerald_clockfix.ips' file in there.

Ignore the other file in the archive, 'Emerald_added_clocks.ips'. There's a better version of that available here made by idyll:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-ruby-sapphire-clock-other-patches.323667/page-2#post-4580424
That adds interactive clocks to the Pokecenters so you can set the time. It's a separate patch, so you still need to apply the 'Emerald_clockfix.ips' if you want to use this one.

Reactions: zfreeman
S

scottg1234

http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm has a RTC patch function which is the one I tend to suggest for ruby and sapphire though the bubbz ones should work too.

Can I get a link to that emulator fix -- so far I do not think I have ever seen an emulator only GBA hack and as such it might well work in this case (RTC fixes tended not to be cart specific). I saw some things on various pokemon hacking forums but as pokemon bores me and there are better games like it on the GBA (basically all of the alternatives for me) I have not bothered to really follow it up or fix the game myself.
here is what I was talking about:

http://www.vbalink.info/internal-battery-has-run-dry-fix.htm

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks windwakr, I had seen some things mentioned in places, will have to remember that.

windwakr ah OK. That is less patch and more that VBA's save detection code was not very good; it stopped after it found SRAM, Flash or EEPROM and did not take the subtype hence having to change the save size manually for pokemon.

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ported the gbata Ruby/Sapphire patch to Emerald some time ago(EDIT: Wow, just over a year ago. Time sure does fly):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8i0uzs2bd99u7l8/Emerald_Clock_v2.zip

It's the 'Emerald_clockfix.ips' file in there.

Ignore the other file in the archive, 'Emerald_added_clocks.ips'. There's a better version of that available here made by idyll:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-ruby-sapphire-clock-other-patches.323667/page-2#post-4580424
That adds interactive clocks to the Pokecenters so you can set the time. It's a separate patch, so you still need to apply the 'Emerald_clockfix.ips' if you want to use this one.

does this emerald patch work for pokemon hacks as well?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this emerald patch work for pokemon hacks as well?

Probably should have just started another thread. Anyway, it depends on if the patches overlap. If something else is patched to the ROM and you add another patch, there's a chance that it will overwrite parts of the previous patch. That can cause problems, anything from graphical glitches to the entire ROM not working. If you know what you're doing, you can rewrite one of them so they can coexist.

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably should have just started another thread. Anyway, it depends on if the patches overlap. If something else is patched to the ROM and you add another patch, there's a chance that it will overwrite parts of the previous patch. That can cause problems, anything from graphical glitches to the entire ROM not working. If you know what you're doing, you can rewrite one of them so they can coexist.

I made a copy of my pokemon glazed file and tried patching over that. The results? It didn't work unforunately

Is there a way to make it work? on pokemon emerald rom hacks?

Sorry for asking so many questions but how necessary is the rtc for pokemon emerald hack? as in do I need it to play the game all the way through without any interruption

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only needed for time based events. You can play through it just fine without it.

If you wanted to get the patch to work with the patch you already have installed, you'd have to do some fancy hex editing, as you'd have to have the data that is assigned to be written to empty space on the original ROM but isn't on your current one actually written to an empty space. Not only that, the part that patches over the the original game data has to point to the new location of the data that's written to the empty space. That's the best I can explain it.

albertar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's only needed for time based events. You can play through it just fine without it.

If you wanted to get the patch to work with the patch you already have installed, you'd have to do some fancy hex editing, as you'd have to have the data that is assigned to be written to empty space on the original ROM but isn't on your current one actually written to an empty space. Not only that, the part that patches over the the original game data has to point to the new location of the data that's written to the empty space. That's the best I can explain it.

I understand, thank you! I have no knowledge on hacking pokemon but perhaps I can contact the dev editor of the hack itself and thus it will benefit everyone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended