any rom translations in the works?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by omnisin, Mar 18, 2007.

Mar 18, 2007
  1. omnisin
    OP

Newcomer omnisin Member

United States
    I remember back in the gba flashcards era, couple of groups released translation patches, anything similiar going on for DS roms? I would love to play jumb super stars in english.

2. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    And that's the only DS translation that's still going round at the moment. I think more and more Japanese games are including the english options but not for the obscure games.

off topic, WHERE IS MY MOTHER 3 PATCH

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    we really need the goemon game or tales of tempest translated [​IMG]

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Wondering why this is in the R4 section but yeah there are a couple of projects on the go, translations of DS games are pretty easy compared to some other systems as well courtesy of the file system and tendency to use simple fonts (shiftJIS, ASCII and unicode) and pointers, no compression/BIOS routines for compression.

As for actual released translations there have been a couple of chinese translations, FF3 was done into Thai (as well as few early stage English translations) and a few European language translations were made or are ongoing.
    I was the hacker for a fairly hackish translation of New Super Mario Brothers (US) to French as well (kind of pointless and I did not understand the pointer system when I done it).
    I am involved in a couple of projects but it seems they are stuck due to a lack of translators or because life is a bit hectic right now.

5. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    It'll be here soon, for translation of course.

P.S. Diehard Fanboys: It won't be here soon.

6. teonintyfive

Member teonintyfive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Only if there was a way to access every title of a game...